This first couple of weeks just suck!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2010, 05:01 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There I said it. I have put myself on the biggest, longest roller coaster ride over the past three days. Sunday I was kind of in denial. Yesterday, I felt yucky and my bbs really started getting sore at the end of the day, so I started to allow myself to believe it. This morning I woke up and bbs were less sore and really not as tired or yucky feeling, so now I have convinced myself that this is going to end badly. I need a total chill pill!

I see the hematologist tomorrow. I am also going to run by my OB to get a beta done. Maybe that will help me relax (but of course, total stress out until I get the second)

I have tried to reason with myself - I am only 4w4 days - I really shouldn't feel pregnant yet, etc. but it is not working!

OK - hopefully just me admitting it and writing it out will help me relax some.

Thanks!

Kat.
April 13th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
HUGS. I think every couple weeks brings a whole new set of worries, so just take them one step at a time. It's early, and I'm sure the symptoms are on their way!
*Forever missing our three butterfly angel babies*
~December 08~ ~May 09~ ~September 09~
Proudly breastfeeding, pumping, and cloth diapering my little sweet pea!

April 13th, 2010, 06:17 PM
krystal g's Avatar Happy to be a SAHM!
Try not to worry too much because it is so early. But I completely understand...I hope your sore bbs come back in full force tomorrow!

My blog!
April 13th, 2010, 06:17 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know how you feel, I think weeks 4-6 are the worst/longest weeks ever!

April 13th, 2010, 06:24 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you, Kristin. I follow your blog, and have enjoyed the journey with you. You have helped me more than you ever know! My first Lovenox injection actually went better than I expected, the second - hmm not so much. I ended up having to stick myself 3x's tonight! Hopefully tomorrow's will be better! I will stick myself a hundred times a day if that is what it takes to get my baby here!

Krystal - You are so beautiful in your belly pics, especially the last one! I am torn on the belly pics this time, too. On one hand, I don't want to have to deal with them but I know when I make it to the 2nd tri, I will wish I had taken them.

Marti - We can just stress out together! I love your new siggy by the way.

Kat.

Last edited by zkat; April 13th, 2010 at 06:29 PM.
April 13th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Hoping's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, I know *hugs*. Hang in there. When I got my positive test with DD, I laughed because I was happy, then I started bawling my eyes out. It was such mixed emotions. Scared, happy, excited, worried sick... Such an emotional roller coaster. It was s little better with this pregnancy, but I was so shocked to find out I was preg that it took a couple of days to even feel the emotion of happiness and I was still scared spit less.

Our Two Miracles!
Alexis Jade 5/28/08 and Evan Russell 6/28/10
Always Remembering our 3 angels in heaven
April 13th, 2010, 10:26 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Kat Im glad you're here to stress with me!

April 14th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think the first trimester is the worst as you are forever second guessing any symptom. I think it is a good idea to have bloods done, I know it helped me but that was because my levels were way higher than with my 2 losses. I know it's easy for me to say now but try not to stress, most pregnancy symptoms don't kick in until after 6 weeks and then they can come and go and some people hardly have any symptoms at all. It is a confusing and terrifying time and I hope it goes really quickly for you (and the morning sickness kicks in soon - iykwim!)

Sending tons of sticky dust and wishing you a H&H 9 months!

BFP - 23/08/09

Check out my bump: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f5...l#post17893964

April 14th, 2010, 11:44 AM
starrsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to thow in my 2 cents and share with you that I had ZERO symptoms. Ever. I was totally freaking out the whole first and well into the second trimester. So, even if you never feel symptoms, tell yourself that can be normal as well. My boobs never got sore either and to this day (28+ weeks pregnant), they aren't really any bigger either...which just ticks me off but that's another vent. Anyway, don't get too worked up over what you feel or don't feel over there!

And I vote to take the belly pics. I still have pics from my first 2 pregnancies....at first, they made me cry a lot to see them. But now, I can look at them as a reminder of where I have been. They are still part of my history, you know?

Missing 2 little beans (Aug 07, Oct 08)
Blog (Running with Emmett)

April 14th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
it IS scary (((Hugs))) We've all been there!

April 14th, 2010, 05:48 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and Welcome to PAL! The first trimester is soo hard. I totally had symptoms come and go and it is definitely a scary roller coaster. I agree that you should try to take one day at a time! The only thing that helped me in the first few weeks was to keep busy! I got a lot of projects done around my house in the first trimester Definitely helped me maintain my sanity!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search