Soooo tired... just have to complain to someone!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2010, 04:57 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am crying right now because I am so tired. I worked all day and that just drained all my energy. My house is a mess right now. I love my DD, but she is a HUGE mess maker and I just don't have the energy to chase after her right now let alone pick up after her. I am not used to feeling this tired. I don't like it at all.

I am a also little upset with DH because I feel like he just doesn't understand. He has always had less energy than me and he does not pick up the slack. He stayed home with DD today and didn't even try to clean anything up. Granted DD was sick... but not enough that he had to tend to her all day. Most likely he played video games all day.

On top of that, he is going to play darts tonight and tomorrow he is leaving to go to the island (his family owns a small island on a lake in Ohio) to work on the house there. Granted I said yes to both of these (not realizing it would be the same weekend) so I feel I have to keep my mouth shut. Plus, he doesn't go anywhere without me very often and I know he deserves to have fun and he wants to help his mom out. But I am so tired and I keep thinking about how I am going to have to do everything on my own. I don't know how single mom's do it.

Sorry for the rant. I really am not used to feeling this tired. I guess it doesn't help that I was up with DD last night at 4 am because she was throwing up and it took me a long time to go back to sleep and had to be up at 6:30 am.

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

April 16th, 2010, 10:13 PM
sigh.
I hear ya.
All I can say is make lists. Sometimes writing stuff down keeps it from swirling in your head and offers reprieve. Not that you want advice - what i mean though is having it all written down frees you from thinking about it - thus reduces anxiety and stress. AS far as doing all the work, yep. I hear ya, I hear ya, I hear ya. My husband is a doll - a saint - but honestly, it takes another mother to see how much REALLY gets done.

Take care.
April 16th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
aw (((hugs))) I definately sympathise with the messy DD.... Sometimes i cringe when I see Gaby playing with her toys, because I know I"m going to have to clean up a huge mess soon enough....

this last part of pregnancy is so hard... it's like you're physically, emotionally & mentally depleted

April 17th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
I'm sorry. I hope today was a better day!
I know what you mean about your DH. If mine is home I usually come home to a bigger mess than if he's at work. It drives me crazy. And mine plays video games too.
Hope you got some sleep andn your DD is feeling much better!!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

April 17th, 2010, 08:40 PM
cherryblossom88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we have the same exact wedding date year too!!
Reagan 8/8/06
Sakura 8/24/09
Amaryea 11/18/10

April 18th, 2010, 08:47 AM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies... I feel a lot better today. My DH is gone, but I have a super wonderful nephew (who is turning 13 this week) who is currently upstairs entertaining my daughter so I can at least clean the house. He is wonderful with DD and she just adores him

Thank you for your support! It is nice knowing I am not alone! I really don't remember ever being this tired when I was pregnant with Abrielle. But of course, I did not have a 2 year old. It was just DH and I and the house didn't get half as messy as it does now! Plus, our house now is twice as big as our house then... so I have twice the amount of space to clean!

Debbeblue: I love lists! I make lists all the time at work because it makes me feel better to see it shrink! Though I add more to those lists everyday! I am not as good about writing lists at home. Plus, my problem is that I feel like our list is huge right now and I am stressing about how to get it all done before baby comes. We did a lot of projects over spring break, but we didn't get to everything! sigh...

Emma: I totally know how you feel about cringing when your child plays with their toys. Abrielle has a play room and sometimes I just don't want her playing in their because I know it will take forever to clean up. Though the nice thing about it is that when she plays in their the mess is at least contained to that one room and isn't spread throughout the house!!

Trish: DH totally is driving me crazy lately! I love him... but it really makes me crazy that when I am tired and am in need of some relaxation, he doesn't pick up the slack. He somehow think that is time for him to be lazy. This is one of our number one arguments. He says that if one of us is out of commission (sick, or super tired) than we let things go and then when we are both better than we can get things cleaned up and put back in order. I disagree totally with that! I think if one of us is not feeling so great, the other one should pick up the slack. I don't want to have to clean up a big mess as soon as I start feeling better. I don't know if I will ever win that argument. DH is pretty stuck one that one!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search