if this isnt ur first xposted

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2010, 07:39 PM
cherryblossom88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
how did your family react to the news?
mine isnt even really talking to us now. they said congrats and then was like quick to say this is your last right????
its sad, brought down the mood. kinda treating us like kids.
now my hubbys fam exact opposite all happy smiles hugs!! maybe its because his family usually has 3 kids and up each?? he has 5 brothers and 4 sisters. big cape verdian family.
but still you think you'd be happy when ur only daughter says im pregnant as long as she can support the kids. just sad about it!
Reagan 8/8/06
Sakura 8/24/09
Amaryea 11/18/10

April 17th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that your family didn't give you a warm reaction to your news. Maybe they'll get more excited as the pregnancy gets on.
April 17th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
My parents were both pretty excited..... & my sister seems to be, but that's about it.

I think everyone else is very much thinking "great, Emma has done it again - pregnant & single, what a life she's making for her kids" blah blah... but they can all go jump off a very big cliff!

April 18th, 2010, 11:56 AM
starrsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is our first, but it was still wierd. My family was very supportive and excited but DH's family wasn't as much. They just seemed really reserved about the news. We still haven't really heard much from them and I got the feeling they weren't thrilled. They never seem to ask much about the baby either. Wierd stuff as it's the first grandkid on either side. And I feel the same as you, we planned to get pregnant, are old enough and are financially responsible! What more can you want?

Missing 2 little beans (Aug 07, Oct 08)
Blog (Running with Emmett)

April 18th, 2010, 01:11 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't told them yet, and won't until after I reach 12 weeks. Last time MIL told the entire world she was so excited. My step-mother was kind of cold about it and the m/c, but that is just her way. She was really happy for us.

We are actually think we are not going to "announce" at all - just let them all figure it out when my belly starts getting huge!

I can't believe in this day and age, people still hold to the old adage that one cannot be a good parent and be single. I find it even sadder that families cannot truly be happy for you guys, especially knowing what you guys have been through all ready.

Kat.
April 18th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Regular
This will be my 6th, and im not telling the parent or his side either.. They will be very upset, his parents will get over it and welcome the baby and so would my mother, but my father will not. he told me if i had anymore he would disown me. I think to my self at times, what am i 12.. really?? So im going to hide it as long as i can.

Keely Marie Or Taylor daniel due dec-14-10

April 18th, 2010, 03:48 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both of our familes (and our older kids) are very excited now that we know this baby is a sticky bean. At first they have a bad outlook on any pregnancy. They all assume every pregnancy for us will end in a loss. Once I got to about 8-9weeks they started getting excited.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

April 18th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
This is my 4th and my family took it surprisingly well. When I was pg with my 3rd my mother actually asked if it was an accident, cause she couldn't understand that we would want more than 2 kids. But then I got pg again and lost that baby and we've been struggling to get pg again, so when I announced that I was pg with #4 everyone was happy.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

April 18th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Both mine and DH's family are beyond excited. This is our first and it has been a long, hard road to get here so everyone is so happy for us. It is the first grandchild on DH's side and I am the youngest in my family so it is pretty special for my parents as well.

I am now at the stage where I have my mother and MIL checking on me almost daily to make sure I haven't gone into labour, it's very sweet!

BFP - 23/08/09

Check out my bump: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f5...l#post17893964

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search