Would you send DD to the babysitter or keep her home another day??

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2010, 09:02 AM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD threw up thursday night and early friday morning. DH stayed home with her Friday and most of the day Friday she did not eat very well and said that she did not feel good. Yesterday, she woke up acting herself and wanted to eat. She ate normally throughout the day. Then last night she threw up while we were getting her ready for bed. She seemed fine afterwards and was asking for milk. Then this morning she wakes up at her normal time and seems happy. Only to throw up 10 minutes later. After she is done she seems fine again. I give her a bath and she is asking for milk and food. So I just don't know what to do with her. She isn't acting sick and still wants to eat. But she threw up last night and this morning. So how do I know when she is better to go back to the babysitter. I am not so worried about her since she is playing and eating fine right now. But, there are 3 babies at her babysitter right now. The youngest is 3 months old and I don't want those babies getting sick.

So... what would you do? My dilemma is that I have missed a lot of work this year. Plus, I want to have a full 12 weeks off with the baby and I might need my sick time if baby comes later than my due date. I currently have 4 weeks of sick time. Since I work in a school, I don't work over the summer... but may need to take off some time next school year to get the full 12 weeks if baby comes late. (If baby comes on my due take I will need to take 3 weeks of sick time... if baby comes after than I will need 4 weeks, if baby comes 2 weeks after than I need 5 weeks).

Oh, and DH really needs to go to work tomorrow. He is a teacher and grades are due and he can only access that info from school. If it were any other day he would stay home with her.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

April 18th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I would keep her home until she hasn't vomitted for at least 24 hours. Give the sitter a call & see what she would prefer - especially seeing as there are other children to take into consideration. I know that at Gaby's preschool, they need to have not vomitted for 48 hours, before they can go back

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search