I think the baby may be engaged.......

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2010, 09:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When I saw my OB last week she had dropped but wasn't yet engaged. Over the past couple of nights I have had some pain when feeling her move, almost like she was moving down. Usually when she moves it isn't painful. Then today I have had some shooting pains in my pelvic area which are really quite painful. I woke this morning with really sore ovary pain (the type you get when you have AF).

Now I have a really bad back ache. The baby has been quieter than normal today but I have still felt movements. Although she sometimes has quieter days than others.

Does this sound like the baby may be engaged? I don't think it is the start of labour or anything but not sure I would know if it was!

It is so hard to know when this is my first baby!

BFP - 23/08/09

Check out my bump: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f5...l#post17893964

April 23rd, 2010, 01:47 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I don't really know, because I don't know if Gaby engaged or not... I don't think she did - well not until the verrrrrrry end.

My water broke at 41w6d, and I lost my plug around 5.30 - then after that happened I could just NOT get comfortable, I had so much pressure in my pelvis, that it was unbelievable, standing, sitting, lying, crouching, hands & knees didn't make it any better.. and then at 9.30ish my waters broke.... I THINK that possibly she started engaging after I lost my plug & the pressure was from her head going into my pelvis......

I know that doesn't help you at all.. but I'd say that if you're noticing any extra pelvic pain, it is quite likely!!

April 23rd, 2010, 03:16 AM
charm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mel if she isn't it won't be long I found I felt very heavy down there when my kids were engaged and I had back pain with both kids when I was in labour goodluck Mel!!!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/267688
2 Angels as of 3/9/09 DD 10 DS 9 DD Born 20th June 2010
April 23rd, 2010, 04:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I do feel very heavy in the pelvic area, almost like she is going to fall out (ha, ha, if only it was that easy!).

I also know that the baby can be engaged a week or more before labour begins (especially with your first) so I am not expecting anything to happen just yet!

BFP - 23/08/09

April 23rd, 2010, 02:19 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, Mel.. you are sooo close! Are you getting excited? Have you been doing anything to get things started? I had an exercise ball with DD and as soon as I was full term, I started bouncing on that thing because I wanted her out! Though it probably doesn't make much of a difference...

I have no idea when DD engaged. I actually had lower back pain the day before I went into labor (Saturday) and Sunday at noon my water broke and contractions started within 5 minutes! I never had the slow contractions that got closer together. So you never know... maybe your back pain is like mine and you will be meeting your baby girl really soon!

Let us know how your doing! Daily updates would be great Just joking... though I do love the excitement building and hearing how all of our mommies to be are doing!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

April 24th, 2010, 01:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone. Getting very excited now! Back pain has eased and comes and goes so I think she is still pretty nice and comfy in there. She has still been very quiet compared to normal though. Not enough to make me worry that something is wrong but I wonder if she is resting because she knows what is ahead!

I am still betting I will go late (I don't mind any day but would prefer not next Thursday as it is DH's birthday the day after my due date). But we can't time these things so what will be will be.

I will keep you updated, we just can't wait to meet our little girl and can't believe it is so close!

BFP - 23/08/09

April 24th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Regular
When you go into labor she will stop movement all together, so this could be the start of something. And the back pain could be back labor too, if the pain is comeing and going try keeping track of it treat it like contractions but in your back..

Keely Marie Or Taylor daniel due dec-14-10

April 24th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Veteran
It was weird when mine engaged. I had lost my plug about 2 wks prior. I went to the bathroom. Of course, being really pregnant, I was flying to the restroom. I sat down too hard, and I felt her head hit my pelvic bone. I said, "Um, I think something just happened." I then started having some bloody show, and 8 hrs later she was in the world.

Ugh! I hope you don't have all back labor. Goodluck, and I hope you get some relief (and a new baby) soon!
Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search