BFP, questions and anxiety UPDATE-HCG back

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Super Mommy
Hi all, I've been a member of the January 2009 Playroon and have been reading posts here off and on for the last two years. This is my sixth pregnancy, I have a 15 month old and 4 losses (at 7 weeks or earlier). Before I start getting my hopes up again, please give me your opinions. LMP was March 26, my cycle is like CLOCKWORK, almost to the hour it seems, so DH and I really really tried this month and even threw in a couple extra days just for fun. I know TMI, huge increase in CM one cycle day, like nothing I've ever seen so I felt good about our attempt. Wasn't expecting next visit from AF until April 27th, but I tested on Saturday, the 24th. I've been a little nauseous but I can't say that wasn't drainage from a sinus/allergy issue I'm having right now. No breast tenderness (which was how I knew I was pregnant with Eden, who was also conceived in April). So, basically no symptoms. My concern is that I was expecting a very faint line because I tested so early. The line is obviously very dark for three days before expected period, so I tested again this morning (two days before expected period) and again the line is rather dark. I don't have internet access at home (I'm now at work) so I scoured through my books and I read that a molar pregnancy can cause higher than normal HCG. Of course I can't have any bloodwork done until tomorrow, so in the meantime I'm worried sick. I have had four miscarriages, three in an eighteen month period starting in June 2006, the most recent was September 2009. I underwent several tests in November 2007 including the lupus anticoagulate, anticardiolipin antibodies, karotyping, and ultrasound, everything came back normal. My OB suggested that when I became pregnant again I would take progesterone, which I did with Eden, not sure if I needed it because she has never checked my progesterone levels. When I got pregnant in August 2009 I again used the progesterone suppositories, but miscarried anyway. Please tell me what you think this could mean, especially anyone who has had a molar pregnancy or test lines darker than you expected. Shouldn't pregnancy symptoms be obvious if the HCG level is high enough for such a dark line so early????

So anxious for bloodwork and desperate for a positive outcome! Trying to stay positive but what I've read online this morning is TERRIFYING!

**Update**
Hi all, thank you so much for the encouraging words, it makes me feel so much better. Today's quant HCG was 940.60 which is high for me this early, much higher than what I usually get, but the nurse said it's still within normal limits. I won't get my progesterone levels back until tomorrow and the doctor isn't repeating the HCG on Wednesday which makes me a little uncomfortable. Guess I will keep using the HPT and monitor the line myself for now, but we do get to go in for an ultrasound next Monday. I learned that with a molar pregnancy the numbers are usually in the hundreds of thousands, so that is one less thing to worry about. Not that I'm breathing a sigh of relief for long, such a worrier. Again, thank you bunches for the sticky baby dust!

April 24

April 25

Last edited by Crystal3520; April 26th, 2010 at 02:29 PM. Reason: UPDATE
April 25th, 2010, 09:07 AM
EVY&EGYsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there. I'm Katie

I know how scary it can be to get a BFP after losses. I had a loss in Jan at 5 weeks and a chemical in March.

That said....there are several explanations for your dark test....you O'd earlier than you think, you have more than one in there or your #'s are just increasing rapidly.

How long are your cycles lately..and do you know which day you had LOTS of CM?

There is a woman named Lisa in the TTCAL board who did have a partial molar pregnancy..but I know they are pretty rare. You can always post in there for some input.

I think the odds are GOOD that this is good sign, and not bad. Google is really a VERY bad thing! Can you get into your doctor this week and have some betas done?

Katie

April 25th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks Katie, my OB has been pretty supportive and should have no problem getting me in for bloodwork this week, hopefully. Increased CM coincides with ovulation dates (according to chart). Cycles are regular, 30 days average for many years. Just worried because I haven't had any normal pregnancy symptoms really.

April 25th, 2010, 10:10 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This was mine from 13dpo. Molar pregnancy is VERY rare. I wouldn't worry about it. I bet you just have a super sticky bean or possibly... twins. My vote is super sticky! Can't wait to hear your BETAS

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

April 25th, 2010, 10:51 AM
starrsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the above...the chance of a molar pregnancy is VERY VERY small. A dark line, to me, is a good thing...don't worry too much about thinking it's too dark. You may have just had really concentrated Hcg when you tested. Or you have really great tests. There are a lot of explanations. Or maybe you are having twins...haha.

Hugs! Keep us posted!

Missing 2 little beans (Aug 07, Oct 08)
Blog (Running with Emmett)

April 25th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Hi there I'm Emma (26), single mummy to Gabrielle (3 1/2) & 31 weeks pregnant with Emersyn

A dark line this early, could simply mean you implanted early on & therefore started producing HCG a day or two earlier than normal... Or of course there is the chance of twins........

The best thing to do, is probably get a blood test done, to see what the actual level of hcg is - being that those are both (??) early results tests, it would make sense for them to be dark if your hcg has been in production for a few days already. If your doctor is a little concerned that your hcg is high, they will probably arrange an ultrasound for 6-7 weeks, to have a look what is happening...

Molar pregnancy is really uncommon - but we do see it a lot on JM - given that there is such a huge number of members, so it seems more common than it is.. or something like that

either way - CONGRATULATIONS on your BFP! I hope you are able to be given some reassurance by your doctor soon. It's not fair is it - you worry if your line isn't dark enough - and you worry if the line seems 'too' dark

April 25th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree!!!!
I think it's way more likely that you implanted early or you are carrying twins!
Also - the darkness of the line really isn't a great way to tell anything. I practically need a microscope to see my BFPs - it's just how I work.
Anyway - I know how scary early pregnancy is!!! I hope this is a lovely sticky baby! big huge

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
April 25th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
Agreed with the other ladies!! I can't wait for an update!!! Good Luck!!

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
April 25th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Hoping's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here is my test at only 10 DPO, possibly 11 DPO and yes is scared me it was so dark so early

Your test is dark, but I agree with all the other ladies, take it as a great sign!! Molar pregnancy is rare and the lack of morning sickness has nothing to do with it. From what I have read, a lot of times ladies with molar pregnancies are super duper sick because their numbers are so high. Try not to worry! I know it is so very hard. My mind automatically goes to worst case scenario when I find out I am pregnant.

Our Two Miracles!
Alexis Jade 5/28/08 and Evan Russell 6/28/10
Always Remembering our 3 angels in heaven
April 25th, 2010, 08:43 PM
starrsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, just wanted to chime in again that I NEVER had morning sickness or any of the usual early pregnancy symptoms.

Missing 2 little beans (Aug 07, Oct 08)
Blog (Running with Emmett)

April 25th, 2010, 09:37 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I totally agree with the other ladies.....
we will all be waiting to hear beta's from you and will be sending you lots of positive thoughts and sticky dust !!!

congratulations and welcome to the board !!!

April 26th, 2010, 04:47 AM
mom2njia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mom2njia
I have learned dealing with the opposite issue of lowish hcg, that the range of normal is HUGE. I agree, either you o'd early or it is more than one baby!

my blog
April 26th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
I agree with what everyone is saying and wanted to say CONGRATS and wish you a H&H 9 months!!!!! My SIL was pg with twins and her line came up super duper dark immediately after she pos @ 12dpt (she did IVF).

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

April 26th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have anything else to add except I agree with all that's been said.

Congratulations on your BFP and I hope you get in to get some bloodwork and all is great!

My Ovulation Chart
April 26th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Crystal! Welcome over to PAL! I'm with the other girls, I don't have anything new to add, just reiterate what they have said. CONGRATS on your BFP!!! I can't wait to hear your numbers!! Best wishes for a H&H next 9 months!!

April 26th, 2010, 03:19 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! I glad you had great numbers!

April 26th, 2010, 08:18 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ditto what the ladies said! i got a line at 8 dpo and it was pretty dark by 19 dpo! Congrats on great numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sending you sticky dust!!!!!!!
April 26th, 2010, 08:20 PM
EVY&EGYsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for great #'s!!!! I am sure all is well!

Katie

April 28th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY for great numbers!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search