Have a question...sorry thought I would add pics of kids

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2010, 07:26 PM
amandakay29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay...I hope I don't offend anybody by posting this here but it is about the only place I feel comfortable asking.

My dh and I this month decided to NTNP because my birth control pills were making me spot/bleed almost everyday. So my cycle has been all screwed up. We finally (3 1/2 months after Natalie was born) DTD. I started on April 7th...we dtd 8 days later...I'm unclear on how long my cycle is. I've been feeling nauseated and have heartburn and tonight I cried at a Hallmark commercial. I tested today and it was negative. My question is how long after DTD can you check to see if you are pregnant. I know how to do this when you know your cycle but since I'm all screwed up I have no clue when. I honestly hope beyond hope we aren't preggo this month. We were hoping for July/August...we would love and welcome a baby now but with Natalie being only 4 months old and Wyatt being a crazy 19 month old we kind of wanted a few more months in between. Sorry if this offends anybody...I know some of the girls from TTCAL are here now and I know you all will have some good advice.

Wyatt-19 months

Nattie-just shy of 4 months and excuse the wrinkled hat

Last edited by amandakay29; April 27th, 2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: added pics
April 26th, 2010, 08:48 PM
mom2njia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mom2njia
typically you can test 12 ish dpo, there are some who get bfp's at 9dpo and others who don't until 14 or 15.

my blog
April 26th, 2010, 09:02 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
I thought you got your BFP with Natalie pretty early didn't you Amanda? I was thinking it was DPO10 or 11 (although I had pregnancy brain at the time so who knows what I actually remember properly )

I got my BFP at 9DPO...but there were a bunch of ladies who tested negative on the really early tests and got positives after DPO12-14. I vaguely recall Fertility Friend's analysis was that most accurate test (least likely to give you a false negative) result would be achieved around DPO13-14?

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 26th, 2010, 09:20 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
usually around 10 to 13 dpo is best, the very earliest i've gotten i a line is 8 dpo.
April 26th, 2010, 09:34 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Amanda!!! Hi! With all my pregnancies I've gotten a pos by 10 dpo, but I know that's early. Maybe give it 3 or 4 more days and test again?

April 26th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
If you test 12-14 days after the unprotected sex, you should be able to get a reliable result, on an early results test

April 26th, 2010, 11:45 PM
charm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would say test in another 3-4 days Amanda. It will be harder with a screwy cycle so goodluck hun kup.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/267688
2 Angels as of 3/9/09 DD 10 DS 9 DD Born 20th June 2010
April 27th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I agree. try again in another 3 or 4 days.. ((Hugs)) good luck!

April 27th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
AMANDA!!! It has been forever since I last stalked you! (hahaha). First of all your kids are still so adorable!

As for your cycle we have to remember that DTD does not mean you ovulated that day. So if your DH's super swimmers live for the "max" then it is possible to get pregnant 4-5 days after DTD (although I think more realistic would be 3 days). Then give it 10-12 days to get to a place where a positive test would show and I would say at most 17ish days past when you DTD and at least 14.

So if my dates are correct your DTD on April 15th so the earliest I would think you would get a positive is still 2 days away (and that would be around 10dpo) but i would wait 3-4 like the other girls have suggested to get closer to 12 dpo. (hahaha, who am I kidding I am a poas addict I would probably test every day until AF showed or I got a BFP).

Thanks Chelsea (GraysMama) for my fantastic signature!

Life as it is...

Love your angel babies for making you the person you are!

April 27th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
I agree with Michelle. Since you don't know when you O'd and you DTD on cd8....let's say you O'd on cd12. Since sperm can live up to 5 days that would be still within your fertile time. However if you only O'd after or around cd14 that may have been too late. It takes 4-10 days for the baby to implant and then at least 2-4 days for a good hcg number to show up on a EPT.
So I think 2-3 weeks after you DTD should show a BFP if you are pregnant. Hope you get the results you are hoping for!!!!

BTW - I love your siggy! The kids are just adorable!!!!!!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

April 27th, 2010, 12:35 PM
amandakay29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girls so much! I knew I could count on my POAS-aholic's If I'm not pregnant I will be shocked just because of how I feel. Like I said we want another baby...I was just hoping for a few more months in between. The dr. told me she wanted a year in between c-sections and if I am pregnant it will be a year exactly because with Nattie my lmp was April 7th as well...how crazy.

Lara-you are correct...I tested positive at 10dpo with Natalie and with Wyatt. And can I just say Savannah is getting so big! She's adorable!!

Karissa-How is Tanith and Tesla doing?

Michelle-you are too cute! I'm not sure if I've told you congrats yet or not...but Congrats girlie!! I haven't been around much...my kiddos take up so much time these days...well Wyatt does anyway He's a wild one. My little princess is so laid back! (She has to be with him!) I can't wait to see if you are having a boy or a girl!

Trish-Your siggy is adorable! Your kids are getting so big! And congrats again on having another little princess!

Thanks to everybody else for the advice. As soon as I find out I'll let you guys know.
April 27th, 2010, 03:03 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandakay29 View Post
As soon as I find out I'll let you guys know.
You do realize that's compulsory, right? You don't get to come on here, ask a question like that, then disappear again!

Tanith and Tesla are doing great! Tanith adores being a big sister and Tesla thinks her big sister is hilarious. I'm enjoying it while it lasts! Tanith will be 3 in only 3 wks! I can't believe it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search