My latest appointment update (XP to the HR board)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2010, 12:26 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I had my appointment on Friday morning, but I'm only just getting to log on today. So... it was a fabulous appointment, and I have just been so thrilled since then! Baby was estimated to be weighing in around 4.6lbs, give or take a half pound. So still big, no surprise, but everything looks great. He's dropped way low, and snuggled up tight to my cervix which is shortening a bit but nothing serious. They could see my contractions during the ultrasound, and I love that, so that they don't think I'm a fruit when I say I'm contracting literally all the time. My sugars are still above normal, but I'm managing to keep them below 160 with diet, for the most part.

Now for the really great news (at least in my mind) I get to stop my progesterone injections in 2 wks!! YAY!!! I'm so tired of shots in the bum, it's so old!! I've been on 200mg of progesterone IM (means 2 shots at a time, because can only push 100mg at a time) 2x a week, for the last 25wks. I need a smiley saying 'Hallelujah' right here! I'm so freaking excited to be done w/ these!!!!! That puts me around the 33 wk mark, and if my level drops causing labor, my Perinatologist is completely fine with that.

Next good news, if I don't go into labor myself, he wants to deliver me around 36-37wks. So I get to schedule an amnio and my c-section, which is going to be June 18th, as long as it's not already booked (I'm waiting to hear back). YAY!!!!!! OK, so I'm quite scared about the amnio, but if I have to do it, then I have to do it. Does anyone have any amnio stories that won't scare the bejeezuz out of me?

And finally, he agreed to do a hysterectomy at the time of my c-section if that's what I really want. Now this is a VERY big deal! My hospital is Catholic, and so NO b/c related surgeries at all, period, ever. And my dr is also not a fan, as he is Catholic as well, and has 9 kids himself. I didn't actually believe he'd listen to me about it. But... I've had terrible periods since I was a teenager, ridiculously heavy, ridiculous cramps, etc. I've had bouts of amenorrhea (abnormal bleeding between periods lasting sometimes up to 2 wks). I just have a rough time. Now, with my clotting and hormonal diagnosis' I can't be on any type of birth control, what-so-ever. I can't be on anything hormonal because of it, I have a latex allergy so condoms are a pain, and I have a metal allergy so the non-hormonal copper IUD, is out. So no options. And, my pregnancies keep getting worse and worse, not to mention my losses. So, long story short, he's decided that we could claim it as a medically neccessary procedure for my continued health. OK, now here's the funny thing, when I didn't believe it was an actual option I had my heart set on it was 'the only good option' (because tubals can cause problems that I don't want or need). But now.... I'm scared. It's so final. There's no going back, not ever. Am I ready for that? I was, but now, I'm scared. What do you ladies think? I'm so thankful for my babies, and my angels, but I don't think I can do this again. But what if in 5 years I feel differently??? I'm only 31 almost 32 now, and my pregnancies are this difficult, I can't see myself wanting to do this again later, but....

OK, that got super long, thanks for reading!!!

May 3rd, 2010, 01:15 PM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yippee for a great appt. I don't have any amnio stories for you since I'm not had one, but that's great about stopping the shots. I get the 17P once a wk which I started at 16wk and they are a pain to me...literally. The last couple of wks, I've gotten such huge welts. That's great your dr. has agreed to the hysterectomy. I'm Catholic too and understand about the b/c. I have had thoughts about getting a hysterectomy (medically necessary of course). I'm a bit older though at 36 and this is my 6th pregnancy and 3rd baby. I'm not sure I can/want to go through another pregnancy so part of my hope I have a medical reason to get the plumbing removed. I had some uterine prolapse issued early in this pregnancy and the last 2 so maybe I might have to have some work done anyway. I just can't in good conscience decide on it without a medical reason. You have to do what is right for you and your family. I would never judge anyone for their decision since I'm not in their place. I just wanted to wish you luck.

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by Mama Chemist 73; May 3rd, 2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: change text

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search