Irrational freak outs

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I don't get it..

Emersyn was moving around heaps when I was in bed... but since i've got up (almost an hour), I've not felt anything, so I am sitting here, freaking out BIG TIME.. and it's sooooooooooooooo irrational. She's probably asleep, she might be in a comfortable position, she might be resting.. but no, I think "omg something is wrong"... stupid really.

May 5th, 2010, 02:50 PM
starrsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Big deep breath over there! Sit back down and relax and drink something very cold and sugary. Give yourself an entire hour to feel for movement. Even if it's a super tiny movement, it counts! My midwife says i should feel 10 movements in an hour when I'm quiet and relaxed. I agree that she is probably just sleeping and is more on a "schedule" these days versus random movement. But relax and check just to make sure.

Missing 2 little beans (Aug 07, Oct 08)
Blog (Running with Emmett)

May 5th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My baby stopped moving whenever I was on the go. I agree with the pp - to drink something cold (or something you know always gets the baby going) and then sit or lie down and try not to move for a while and see if that gets the baby going.

Call your dr or the hospital if you stay worried though. Maybe getting the baby on a monitor for a while would give you the reassurance you need.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
May 5th, 2010, 05:04 PM
BigGrin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a few friends who've had a scare like this and their docs told them to drink a glass of orange juice and lay on their left side. How are things since you posted?

I dropped a tear in the ocean, and whenever they find it I’ll stop loving you, only then. ~Unknown
May 5th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I've had lots of movement since I posted... I think as soon as i posted i started getting movement lol

May 6th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad that your little stinker decided to move and quit scaring you! Emersyn, it's not nice to scare Mommy like that! LOL!

May 6th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Normal to have freak outs....I still do. Sometimes when Sarah gets "quiet", I will poke her to get her to move. Not the nicest thing, but helps me feel a little better. Glad Emersyn decided to cooperate.

My Ovulation Chart
May 6th, 2010, 10:48 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Emersyn sounds like she is a spirited little girl Glad she got moving and sorry she scared mommy! Not nice!

May 6th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had something similar happened to me. It was in the morning while having breakfast at work, it was when Alex was more active. At 35 weeks, one morning he decided that he wouldn't move. I tried everything and nothing, no movement, I freaked out and went to L&D as soon as I got there and they had me hooked up he started moving
They told me that he was just having a lazy morning

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search