am i crazy or what?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Natalie_Snow's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got my BFP at 10 DPO yesterday... and since I'm terrified of having another m/c, I am afraid to even move around... i was in the bed for two extra hours during the day.. and i am trying to lay with my legs slightly up....am i crazy or what?....then I was doing a lot of laundry, cooking, cleaning and realized that it may be dangerous to bend and move around so much...
I think until I hit at least 8 week or 12 week mark (or until I see a h/b)..i am going to be paranoid and try to move as little as possible...

I know that this time I have a better chance to keep the pregnancy since my doctor prescribed me meds (baby aspirin and prometrin) yesterday...I hope they help.....have you been prescribed any of those and have they helped to go beyond the first trimester?

I am trying to be happy and take it one day at a time...but I am so scared of having another m/c..
May 7th, 2010, 04:11 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Natalie - It's only natural to be scared. I have had a couple of freak out sessions myself! My doctor has assured me that doing your normal daily stuff will not cause a miscarriage. I have known a couple of women that have played soccer during the first trimester (I would NEVER dream of it)

Breath, relax, it actually goes faster than you think.

Kat.
May 7th, 2010, 04:22 PM
thank you Kat!! wow, i wish I wasn't afraid to play soccer. lol

I usually walk/jog every day 3+ miles.. i am thinking that it's time to stop jogging and maybe it's ok to continue to walk. I don't know if I can allow myself to do crunches and other stomach exercises.. i am literally too scared to move..
May 7th, 2010, 04:27 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My doctor told me it was OK to continue to run under normal circumstances, just go slower, take lots of water and don't over heat. I actually quit running before I got pregnant at the request of my hematologist, BUT I was training for a half marathon and running 25 - 30 miles a week and I have multiple issues (Hashimoto, Celiac, Protien C/S defciency, and MTHfr mutation)

He said normally he would encourage his patients to run, so walk or run - it's good for both of you!
May 7th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I know there are LOTS of ladies here, who've had recurrent losses, but once they've been put on progesterone (the prometrium), they have gone on to have healthy babies

I'm 33w3d today & am on baby aspirin - I have no idea if that helped prevent a miscarriage this time around, but I tend to think it did!

May 7th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum2Gaby&Emersyn View Post
I know there are LOTS of ladies here, who've had recurrent losses, but once they've been put on progesterone (the prometrium), they have gone on to have healthy babies

I'm 33w3d today & am on baby aspirin - I have no idea if that helped prevent a miscarriage this time around, but I tend to think it did!
thanks!! success stories are exactly what I need to hear!! I am trying to make myself believe that this time around it is going to stick esp. that this time I am taking progesterone

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkat View Post
My doctor told me it was OK to continue to run under normal circumstances, just go slower, take lots of water and don't over heat. I actually quit running before I got pregnant at the request of my hematologist, BUT I was training for a half marathon and running 25 - 30 miles a week and I have multiple issues (Hashimoto, Celiac, Protien C/S defciency, and MTHfr mutation)

He said normally he would encourage his patients to run, so walk or run - it's good for both of you!
that is great news! I am going to continue walking then
May 7th, 2010, 05:58 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i had 3 miscarriages, so i know how scary it is to have reoccurring loss and the fear with each pregnancy - with this baby (Kaylee) i was put on progesterone as soon as i found out I was preggo - and i'm still preggo! yeay!! My proges was tested before i started it and it was low. I really feel like it did help me get a sticky baby. T&P for you and a sticky baby!
May 7th, 2010, 06:51 PM
AmandaR
Progesterone was my miracle cure so I bet you're fine. I had two losses in a row and this pregnancy has been fine so far!
May 7th, 2010, 06:56 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are definitely not crazy. Every time I got pregnant I stopped doing lots of things because I was worried something would happen to the baby.

I hope the next few weeks fly by for you!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

May 8th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Its all natural to be scared. I went to the doctor and we talked about it yesterday, she told me nothing we do can make a misscarriage. A m/c is out of hands it's nothing to do with what we do. But your not crazy

May 8th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Thank you so much ladies!!!! Your words help a lot!!!! I can see I am not as scared as I was yesterday )
May 8th, 2010, 06:39 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Natalie.....

I sooo hear ya! As soon as I get a BFP I go into "protect" mode too. Honestly though.... no amount of laying around and doing nothing can save a pregnancy that isn't going to take. It's so hard those first few weeks

I have had 6 losses ranging from 14 weeks to chemical pregnancies.

With Matthew I was on Prometrium until 12 weeks and he is a crazy 15 month old now

With this new pregnancy I was on Prometrium until 14 weeks and I am getting kicked as I type

With my losses I was never on it.

For me Prometrium, B6, baby aspirin, and folic acid seems to be the key.

You are right one day at a time is the way to go. I hope the next few weeks fly by for you and you are seeing that beautiful hearbeat on the u/s screen before you know it!

Styicky to you!

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

May 8th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think we all know where you're coming from Natalie. I've been taking it so easy for the past 8 weeks. I want to know that I did all that I can do to have a sticky bean. Believe me, you will relax after you are able to see the HB. Do you have an u/s scheduled yet?
May 8th, 2010, 10:52 AM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been taking it really easy, I just don't want to take any chances. I hope the progesterone is what you needed for a sticky bean! I'm taking it too and it has helped me get to the 2nd trimester once already

May 8th, 2010, 01:19 PM
starrsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know how scary it is right now! I felt the same way as you...like I should lay around all day...but I actually decided to go the other route this time.

With my second loss, I did really take it easy the first trimester...i cut out working out and stuff...but we ended up losing that one. I felt kinda bad about myself afterwards because I had gained a good amount of weight and was out of shape and I felt like it was for nothing.

I had to look myself in the mirror and tell myself and believe it that no amount of normal day to day activity will make you have a loss. Losses are really beyond our control. So, on my third pregnancy, I didn't change a thing. I figured if the baby wanted to stick around, great...if not, I would feel good about having productive days. Plus, I feel better and healthier when I move and workout so that was important to me (if you check out the early entries of my blog, I talked a little about how I felt).

It is truly scary...I've been there and I'm not downplaying your fears. But, you won't cause a miscarriage by walking, running, doing dishes, traveling or any of that. So my advice is do what makes you happy. And do activities that will help you pass the time during your first trimester especially! Hugs!

Missing 2 little beans (Aug 07, Oct 08)
Blog (Running with Emmett)

May 9th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Bobbie - thank you so much for your words!! i am taking it one day at a time

Kim - I haven't scheduled an u/s yet.. my doctor's office doesn't usually see pg women until after 8 weeks... I am going back to the office on Monday to confirm my pregnancy (when I went there on Thursday, I was only 10DPO and their pee test showed only a very faint line). I hope they'd agree to schedule an early u/s

Marti - that's awesome that it helped you to get to the second tri!!!! i hope it'll help me too

Liz - I was with you in July DDC. that was my first pregnancy . I feel much better as i am feeling more symptoms I walk again...and I go on with the daily activities...

I am not scared anymore (well, I try not to think about the bad stuff). I am so sleepy all the time... and I fell asleep yesterday evening at 7p.m.! wow. I've never been this tired with any of my previous pregnancies.. so I think it's a god sign .
May 9th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs!)))) I had two losses too - around the same time as you. I decided to put myself on baby aspirin - and this baby is 38 plus weeks! GL! Happy mother's day!
And I know the paranoia! but I promise you baring taking crazy drugs - you CAN"T cause a miscarriage!!! (I wish it was something we could control - truly - because then we could stop it . . .) But just take you meds and do you best to be positive. I PROMISE you it gets so much easier! You are not crazy and we are here for you!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search