Too much Confusion and Worry...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2010, 05:28 AM
My fiance is a Marine. In March, we decided to get married once he returned from deployment. I'm also in the Navy, so the few times he did get to talk, it wasn't long. Just to say, hey, I love you, and by the way, I'm pregnant...

My ex husband and I had lost a baby in 2008, when I was eight weeks. I'm currently 5 weeks and 5 days as of now. I'm freaking out over every little pinch or cramp that I experience, and I obviously have no one to tell my worries to.

I don't know how worried I should be. My first ob/gyn appt isn't for a bit. Not only did I just got taken off my ship, which I'm pretty torn up about, Michael is in Afghanistan and I havent heard from him in a few days, and I'm pregnant and freaking out because I don't want to lose this baby.

I've taken a pregnancy test just about every other day just to make sure it still says that I am pregnant because sometimes I just dont feel pregnant. Other than a little bubbly feeling, breast tenderness, and moodswings, I don't feel anything extravagant.. or should I even feel anything at this point? Am I expecting too much this early?

Sometimes I just dont feel attached to this pregnancy. I feel like crap about it because I dont know if it's a subconcious way to protect myself from what I feel would be inevitable or what. Or maybe all of this worrying about losing the baby is the fact that I am dearly attached to this pregnancy??

I'm so confused.
May 8th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same way you do, i lost my baby last may, at 5 wks 4 days. Im 8 weeks 4days pregnant know and every little pain i get i think this is it, and i get so scared. Like now i have been haveing killer pain in my Abdominal/pelvis area since yesterday, but my doctor said as long as no bleeding then everything should be fine. I def dont feel attached to this pregnancy at all, and i probly wont be till i see the baby on the ultrasound. But im like u takeing test just to make sure im still pregnant.

May 8th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Natalie_Snow's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same way you do. I am testing every morning just to make sure that the second line is still there.. sometimes i feel a little bit of cramping and it scares me so much!!! I feel attached to this pregnancy already.. because during my second pg i was so scared and did not feel attached..and it ended in another m/c... so i am really attached this time around. Every time I start panicking, I calm myself down and think positive!! I do not have anyone to talk to ether...

My friends expressed their concern about me getting pg and having m/c.. so I'm not telling them this time. My DH is scared about the possibility of another m/c and I want him to enjoy this PG... so i keep it to myself and try to stay calm and cool. I am not telling any of my relatives until 12 weeks.

Every pregnancy is different so i think it's fine if you don't feel anything extravagant. It's still early. I usually pay attention to bbs tenderness.. because with both of my m/c I lost that symptom on that same day..

Maybe read something positive or look up expiring quotes online. I decided to look up something nice and exciting every day to keep myself from thinking about a m/c..
May 8th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I was actually reading on the home page and it said that not feeling anything this early is pretty normal. It made me feel a little better. I do have breast tenderness and I sleep a lot because I'm so tired.
I'm trying not to worry abotu it so much, because it seems to help. I has a missed miscarriage last time, so I didn't have bleeding or cramping, but I had severe vomitting for three days in which I couldn't eat at all.
Im trying to stay positive.. trying.
May 8th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think that I was trying to protect myself in case of another loss. I didn't have a lot of symptoms and I had convinced myself that this was another loss. It wasn't until we had our 7 week u/s and they confirmed that everything was okay that I was able to relax and my symptoms finally started to show.

One of the things that I did before the u/s was to test weekly with a digital test with a conception indicator. As long as the conception indicator kept progressing I had a level of reassurance.

Best of luck to you!
May 8th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
welcome to the Pregnancy After Loss board - and congratulations on your pregnancy!

I'm Emma (26), single mummy to Gabrielle (3 1/2) & 33w pregnant with Emersyn. I have experienced 4 losses, over a 6 year period, so I understand all too well, how nervewracking it is, to be pregnant after a loss. The first trimester can be SO hard, because often you don't have a lot of symptoms, your symptoms can come and go - and obviously there isn't the reassurance, of feeling regular movement yet. The symptoms you did mention sound very positive to me - my worst early pregnancy symptoms, for my two 'sticky' pregnancies, have been breast tenderness & fatigue.. sleep sleep sleep.. couldn't get enough!

It's normal to feel twinges, pulling, stretching & cramping in your uterus - your uterus is doing a LOT of growing right now, and I know that I have always had cramping until around 13-14 weeks, and then after that point, I get it on & off until around 20 weeks. It's also normal to not be experiencing a whole myriad of symptoms at this point - my cousins g/f is around 7-8 weeks pregnant, and the only symptoms she really has is the fatigue & a loss of appetite... she had an u/s at 5.5w & everything looked great.

Make good use of this board - we're all here for you, and all understand what you're going through!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search