1st trimester girls....

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2010, 07:16 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is it going?? Are the fears easing any?

We all know how hard the 1st trimester is

Is anything working to ease your fear a little that you might want to share?

For me it was one day at a time
Doing my best to think positive
Ignoring the fact that I was pregnant when I couldn't think positve

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

May 8th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Natalie_Snow's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still scared but i am trying to push this far out...i am not as scared as I was yesterday.

I am a positive thinking person so now I decided to double my positiveness... My spiritual practice has helped me a lot. Thanking nature for my PG every day!! I also look up some positive phrases daily and think about them..

I am enjoying one day at a time.. I am doing all i can to prevent another m/c.. so it's just one day at a time for me..and I am trying to enjoy it

Thinking that Prometrium and baby aspirin is my personal "magical" medicine and that since I never used them before and had m/c.. they are going to help this baby!

Counting days till my first u/s

I try to stay in bed as much as I can since i made myself believe that it can help me keep the baby. According to the doctors from my home country... I like to research both American and European doctor findings), staying in the bed can helps since we create abdominal pressure while walking around... I try to go to bed several times a day for at least 20 minutes at a time..It cannot harm anything but what if it helps? I am willing to do anything to keep this baby!

Last edited by Natalie_Snow; May 8th, 2010 at 07:32 AM.
May 8th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Since having my u/s and getting confirmation that there is a heartbeat I'm much more relaxed. Plus, I'm having a lot of symptoms that I never had with my last pregnancy and that eases my mind a lot too. I'm sure that I will relax even more after my 12 week scan. For now I'm trying to take it one day at a time.
May 8th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It helped hearing the heartbeat on Thursday but every little cramp that I feel I start worrying again that I am going to lose this baby. I bought him/her a little sleeper already .I am starting to get more excited for this pregnancy since this was not planned.I think I will feel a little better when I am over 12 weeks. Man that is still 5 weeks away
May 8th, 2010, 10:41 AM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am more at ease after hearing a heartbeat but my 2nd m/c happened after hearing a heartbeat. I have another u/s on wed and when I hear a strong heartbeat I will feel more at ease then. I still am going to be a nervous wreck for most of the first trimester since I won't feel at ease until we get good results from the NT scan. I will always be scared that all of our babies will have trisomy 18

May 8th, 2010, 01:37 PM
AmandaR
I'm not too worried anymore. We have seen the heartbeat on one of the twins and the DR already said twin #2 isn't going to make it. I'm trying to focus on the positive though. Both of my losses were very early, so I think that makes it easier to calm down once the heartbeat is seen.
I have an ultrasound next Friday at 8w3d and if I make it through that one, I will be fine.
May 8th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
ugh hate to say it, but I don't envy any of you in the 1st trimester - I think it's by far the hardest part of pregnancy, particularly after a previous loss... I hope the time flies for all of you & you can be feeling little baby kicks, before you know it!

May 10th, 2010, 04:26 PM
cherryblossom88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im still kind of worried..in two weeks ill be out of the first trimester woot! it cant come any faster/ i refuse to buy anything until then.
tomarrow i have a prental appt hopefully we'll hear a heartbeat.
Reagan 8/8/06
Sakura 8/24/09
Amaryea 11/18/10

May 13th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing ok. I have my NT scan next tuesday. Some of my symptoms are starting to get better. I haven't thrown up this week and tonight after I showered I realized my boobs weren't on fire like they have been. I'm also feeling flutters so that's helping.

I lost my son at 36 weeks so while Ive been nervous I wasn't as worried about early m/c. I'm a little freaked out about the genetic testing because we didn't do that with my last pg and we still have no answers as far as what happened.

I'm hoping for a good second trimester because lord knows I will be a hot mess during my third.

May 14th, 2010, 04:51 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm trying to enjoy every day but I will be nervous until we see the heartbeat. I have an appointment next Tuesday to put together a game plan of when to do an ultrasound or if I want beta's done. My last ultrasound experience was so traumatic so I'm going to do my best to be as patient as possible so we can wait until there will definitely be a heart beat and a little bean to see. I will be six weeks tomorrow and the last thing I want to do is have an ultrasound too early and see nothing. That would send me right over the edge.
May 19th, 2010, 06:38 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
BOBBI! i am so happy to see you pregnant again!

~Em

May 20th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Super Mommy
I still have one week to go before my first appointment. I have gotten past the point of my previous loss though, so that makes me feel a little better. Also I've been having some symptoms that were not present last time so I have high hopes at this time.

We shall see on the 27th if they find a heartbeat and then I'll feel MUCH better.

May 20th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had been doing great until I scheduled my first appt and then it hit me. Im sure I'll feel better once I see baby's heartbeat and see that baby is implanted in a good spot. I think I'll feel better once I can feel the baby move. I'm trying to focus on the positives and keep busy with things.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search