u/s update (x-posted in DDC)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2010, 12:15 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had an ob appt and u/s today. We got to see the baby and it is measuring right on with my LMP at 8w1d with a heartbeat that was 168 bpm! I was scared that my bladder wouldn't be full enough for an abdominal u/s since I threw up all the water I drank right before we left to go to the Dr but we were able to do it abdominally.

We talked to my OB about the NT scan and they are doing it differently now because of me and ironically I'm the first one to be doing it this way. They sent me home with a kit so I can do my own finger pricks and send it in so we will have the blood results the same day as we do the u/s. I can do the blood part next week! My NT scan is scheduled for 6/9. For those of you that don't know my last pregnancy the NT ultrasound looked perfect but after the blood results I was given a 1:<5 chance that the baby had trisomy 13 or 18. CVS confirmed that she had full trisomy 18.

I also did the whole normal blood work and pee in a cup. My OB is waiting to do my abdominal exam until the 2nd trimester just to be careful so I didn't have to do that today. Overall everything went great! my doctor doesn't even want to see me in two weeks so I almost feel like a normal patient! I am really feeling good about this pregnancy

here's a few pics of our little shrimp

May 12th, 2010, 12:21 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great news, Marti! I just logged on to stalk you and see how your appointment went today!

The Shrimp is beautiful! That is truly ironic and interesting that they have changed how they are doing the NT scan because of Lilly and that you are the first patient to do it this way!

I am sooooooooo happy and relieved for you!

kat.
May 12th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Natalie_Snow's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
great news Marti!!! I am sooo happy for you!!!!!!! I am so glad the baby's measuring ok and everything's good. your Shrimp is a beauty!!!
May 12th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
great news

May 13th, 2010, 08:34 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad that baby is looking perfect and your appointment went well!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
May 13th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
awwwww...congrats on your sweet little baby. glad everything is looking perfect. It's awesome that you get to do the blood work first and will have the results right at 12 weeks. June 9 isn't that far away.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

May 13th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad things went well !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search