Been soooo busy...just wanted to update (x-posted)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2010, 01:33 PM
krystal g's Avatar Happy to be a SAHM!
Hi ladies! I just wanted to pop in and say hi since I haven't been on here much lately. I've been crazy busy and am still training my replacement at work so she's at my desk so I don't have a computer most of the day. But I'm off Friday and then my last day EVER is Tuesday!!! Yay!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to be a SAHM...and to have a couple months off before the little guy gets here.

I had a regular ultrasound last Friday since they didn't get a good look at the heart when I went in at 19 weeks. Everything looked good - 4 chambered heart and he still has a penis...those are the 2 things I was concerned about most

Then on Saturday we had our 3D/4D ultrasound. It was so cool...and worth every penny! (I'm not sure if these Facebook links will work....I haven't put the pics on Photobucket yet)
Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

YouTube - Colby 3D Part 1
YouTube - Colby 3D Part 2
YouTube - Colby 3D Part 3

Per my measurements at the 3D ultrasound place, he was measuring 29w4d and weighing 3lb6oz (I was 28w1d and he was *supposed* to be 2lb2oz). So...I'm thinking I'm going to have a big boy. His feet were about as big as his face and since I have GD....well, let's just hope he doesn't get too big.

And on Sunday, I had my baby shower. It turned out great and I got tons of stuff....all of which is sitting in a big pile in the corner. Will I ever have time to organize?
Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

We are leaving for a 2 week vacation to Florida (Orlando) on the 29th and I haven't even thought about preparations for that yet.

Let's see...what else...oh, the Gestational Diabetes sucks. After much thought and research, I decided to take the OB's advice and start taking the meds (Glyburide 2.5mg at bedtime) and I was thrilled with the results. The first 4 days my fasting levels were PERFECT in the 80s and my post-meal readings were perfect too. Then the fasting levels started to creep back up again (and this was with no change in my diet/routine - everything was the same as the previous days). Then, I saw the dietician yesterday and she insisted that I increase my carb intake every meal. She said I was eating way too little (and I was really, really restricting myself) and I absolutely had to increase it. If that means my blood sugar readings go up, then I need more meds because I cannot compromise my nutrition. I tend to agree with her. So last night and today I've added one more serving of carbs at each meal...and guess what....my levels are too high now. <<Sigh>> I guess I have to call the OB because I'm guessing my meds need increased. I'm apparently really broken. It's all good....I just want to get it fixed and under control before I go on vacation.

My blog!
May 19th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
what cute videos!!!!! i wish i'd been able to have a full 3d/4d u/s!!!!

May 19th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the update! Being busy as you're planning to stay home is awesome! You're almost done!

May 19th, 2010, 10:18 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So neat! Yeay for a good update! I know what you mean about GD - i had it with DS. You're in the home stretch mama! wahooo!
May 20th, 2010, 09:17 AM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a cutie, 3d/4d u/s are so neat! Have fun at your last couple days of work. I'm sure you are going to enjoy being a SAHM

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search