We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Hello again, I know I havn't posted in here alot, but I am due 11/15, my first baby, Porter, died at 4 months old from hypoplastic left heart syndrome, a severe birth defect... so I am anxiously awaiting getting a fetal echo done on this baby to make sure everything is ok this time (we have a slightly higher risk of a CHD given Porters diagnosis) and with my DD, they did it around 18 weeks. So I've been thinking in another 4 weeks or so, I would know for sure everything was OK and I would be able to start relaxing and enjoying this pregnancy...
well I got the call from my OB yesterday and they have scheduled me for July 15th - not until I am 22 weeks! When I asked why they were making me wait so long the lady not so nicely pointed out that the test can be done anywhere from 18-22 weeks so that was still within in the time frame...
I know it's not the biggest deal in the world, July will probably be here before I know it, it just seems like so far away and I really don't know how I am going to wait that long... and I know the first question people are going to ask when we tell them we are expecting is "how is the heart" and I'm going to have to say... we really don't know... and that sucks!
ok enough of my pity party...
I know it seems like forever...I have hated waitin for every test thus far. I am now waitin on the gestational diabetes and am worried and have been eatinthe diabetic diet anyway bc I'm so worried. I have had so many loses that I worry that everything that can go wrong will go wrong. I try to lay back and relax but its way easier said then done. So I understand ur anxiety!!!
It would definitely seem like a lifetime away to me as well I'm sorry you have to wait so long. Is there anyway you could talk to your doctor & see if it can be scheduled for 18 weeks? Be honest about how anxious etc you feel - and maybe they'll be understanding, and see if they can move the test up a bit?
With my DD Scarlett they scheduled me for the big U/S in the city at like 14 weeks. I called and asked if everything would be done enough for thier examine and they moved in to 17 weeks. Then when I went in at 17 weeks they made me come back in two weeks because what they wanted to look at wasn't developed enough. i was pretty upset as I had to go into the city twice and pay for two U/S. So my suggestion would be to call the place doing the U/S and ask them when it the optimum time to schuedule the type of testing you baby needs and then reset the appointment if it works out that you want it earlier still.
I would call back and explain to the office manager about your past and why you have very rational fears about your baby's heart. The person you spoke to sounds like a real b*tch and after this is all said and done you should complain. There is no reason for them to delay past 17 weeks and just do the scan so you can finally relax.
I dropped a tear in the ocean, and whenever they find it I’ll stop loving you, only then. ~Unknown