Ok, baby movement is confusing

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2006, 06:00 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know that I shouldnt really expect consistent movement until the 28th week, but I'm stll confused as to if I am actually feeling the little guy. Sometimes I definitly feel thumps, but I wonder if it's not gas. Sometimes I will feel a bump and then feel something that I know is gas right behind it. So I wonder if I really felt him at all. Also, I dont really feel him when I am going to sleep. I feel him first thing in the morning after I sit down from taking a shower and getting ready inthe morning and then I feel him when I get hom from work when I sit and watch tv or something. I know that during the U/S that he was kicking like crazy at one point and I coldn't feel anything. That was 2 weeks ago though and I felt, what I think is the baby, a lot more often.

I guess the thing that bugs me is that if I'm not sure if it's movement, I can't worry when I dont feel it. And anything that stops me from worrying properly is not acceptable! Anyway, thanks for listening to yammering. Any comments would be appreciated even if it's that Im insane.
May 4th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Super Mommy
how many weeks are you.... with the new restrictions I can't read your signature stuff?
DD - 19 months
May 4th, 2006, 10:17 AM
soontobemommyto3
with the first it takes awhile to feel consistant movement. Baby is growing stronger every day and soon you feel some real kicks and punches. With my 1st I didn't feel much until I was 24 weeks or so and you couldn't feel her from the outstide until I was 26 weeks.
May 4th, 2006, 01:00 PM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry, forgot to change that. 21 weeks. I can't wait til I can see him moving my whole belly. I guess I just need to be patient and wait a couple more weeks. Thanks ladies.
May 4th, 2006, 02:22 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am totally there with you, some days I am like "was that him" and other days I think "OMIGOSH that was definately him" My midwife said that you don't feel consistent movement until closer to 24-28 weeks so I am sure what we are feeling is normal. I know feeling them move is so much more reassuring

May 4th, 2006, 05:30 PM
paganempath
I hope you don't mind me popping in from the August DDC... In the beginning it's hard to be sure exactly what you're feeling. I believe that the thumps you feel really are the baby because that's been my experience. I think most women are convinced that there are lots of flutters at first so they're waiting for that. I never, ever got a single flutter. I got two big kicks one day before I was 21 weeks and that was the beginning for me. By the end of that week, you could feel her kicks from the outside. The movement came and went alot; she'd be active for a day or two and then hardly move for close to a week. It's so early for you that I wouldn't worry at all. I would say that I finally got consistent movement daily at about 24-25 weeks. Just wait a bit longer and you'll be able to feel your baby rolling and kicking like crazy. Then you get a new hobby--- sitting and watching your belly move by itself.
May 4th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I felt Sebastian at exactly 20 weeks, inside and from the outside. This time, I have been feeling a wee bit of movement since 14 weeks, nothing substantial....

I know 'they' tell you not to do kick counts until 28 weeks I think? Maybe 32? Either way, I know its confusing. Lately I have a hard time distinguishing gas from possibly movement!

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
May 4th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I think what you're feeling IS movement My midwife told me that at this stage (and up to about 24w) it can be pretty sporadic (the movements) as baby grows, or gets comfortable in a certain position. I am getting flutters every now and then, and last night for the first time i felt actual kicks - but i've been up for 6 hours today and felt nothing so far..... LOL everyone i've spoken to has told me that once baby gets really active you wish back to the days where you werne't sure if it was movement or not.

May 6th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
Emma I probably would agree with that if I didn't have a loss. Now it is the greatest feeling in the world and I sure don't wish it away lol. But I know what you mean. My first.. Sometimes, mostly when he got the hiccups I would wish it went away.

My first baby I felt flutters around 19 weeks and 26 weeks on the outside. Second baby I know I felt them moving but do not have much of a memory. I am glad I wrote it down (17 weeks). When I started feeling the baby moving, so much started happening, my sons first birthday, my Nan in law went in to the hospital and died a few weeks later. It wasn't after everything started to settle down before I realized I was suppose to be feeling a baby and didn't. But at 21 weeks I still had a heart beat. Just no movement.

This one I have been getting kicked, right now even, since 16 weeks and boy I know its not gas. Somedays this one is kicking me all day and sometimes I don't even notice. But I am glad for the time it is beating me up. Don't doubt that you feel the baby I am sure you do, I mean before you were pregnant how much gas did you feel? lol..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search