Bye ladies..

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2010, 05:55 PM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I lost the baby after all.. Just wanted you all to know.. I am so upset that I couldn't stay and join you all.. I feel so lost and just blah that this happened again for the third time.. I feel that I am not getting anywhere with my Dr's office cause they won't help me until I do the testing, but I can't afford that since I have to pay out of pocket...I am looking into using progestrone creme next time to see if it helps since this is what I expect is causing all of my early miscarriages..

Also I have a question have any of you had any experience with over the counter progestrone creme?
June 3rd, 2010, 06:20 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm so sorry!!! i used the progesterone suppositories and i totally believe it helped baby stick. HUGS!!!!!!!!!!
June 3rd, 2010, 06:29 PM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this! I didn't use the creams so I can't help there. I wish it wasn't so hard to get testing covered; I feel like this is happening to so many women and it just isn't fair! I wish you the best and I hope you can get some answers soon.
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

June 3rd, 2010, 06:51 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lindsey,

I am so, so sorry. I hope you get answers soon.

Kat.
June 3rd, 2010, 06:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
June 3rd, 2010, 07:00 PM
Natalie_Snow's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry . HUGS

My doctor prescribed me prometrium 200mg and I bought them for $125 every two weeks. so it cost me $250 a month but it's worth it if it helps to save the baby...
June 3rd, 2010, 07:07 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
I'm so sorry for your loss!! It's just not fairl. HUGS!!!!!!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

June 3rd, 2010, 07:37 PM
tatedivine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying for a stick bean for you very soon

June 3rd, 2010, 10:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I was prescribed 600mg of prometrium by my RE, thankfully our insurance companies covered the cost of it.
June 4th, 2010, 06:11 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry Lindsey. I don't have any experience with progesterone but I really hope that is the answer for you and you get your sticky BFP really soon.
June 4th, 2010, 08:47 AM
amrysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I haven't used the progesterone cream, but I was put on oral progesterone, with the 1st and this pregnancy. The first one it didn't help, but I am a firm believer that it did this time, the Dr. put on baby asprin, which I think helped to. I don't know why, but I do.
June 4th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sorry, but I don't have any experience with the creams. HUGS.
*Forever missing our three butterfly angel babies*
~December 08~ ~May 09~ ~September 09~
Proudly breastfeeding, pumping, and cloth diapering my little sweet pea!

June 4th, 2010, 11:19 AM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry for your loss. I had 2 miscarriages before I got pregnant with my DD. My OB doesn't believe in progesterone (doesn't think it does anything) so I bought the progesterone cream and used it during my pregnancy with her. I don't know if it helped at all but it definitely didn't hurt. This time around, I had a miscarriage before I got pregnant with this baby (didn't use the cream). I ended up going to an RE. They did some testing and didn't find anything wrong with my progesterone but still but me on it (suppositories) when I got pregnant with this baby. I also took baby aspirin during the first and second trimester. So... the only successful pregnancies I have had... I used some form of progesterone for. It could just be a coincidence, but you never know!

good luck and I hope you are back here soon!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

June 4th, 2010, 11:28 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry, Lindsey Thinking of you.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
June 4th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I am so sorry.

After three losses last year I was feeling pretty let down by my Doctor too. I added baby asprin just so I was doing something and this time looks sticky.

June 7th, 2010, 08:30 AM
trusting and believing
Lindsey, I am sorry for your loss. I had several early ones, but am now on Crinone gel progesterone inserts. I also take a baby aspirin a day and am on Lovenox injections. I had to go through a few doctors to find the one who would listen and act accordingly.

Mom to one son born December 2010 and expecting another little guy June 16, 2014!
June 7th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Super Mommy
I am so sorry.

I used progesterone suppositories with this pregnancy of which I got samples from my doctor. I have no experience with progesterone cream because you can't buy it over teh coutner in Canada. I had two ealy loses one at 7 weeks and one at 4 weeks.

I hope to see you back here soon.
June 7th, 2010, 07:22 PM
AmandaR
I'm sorry.

My DR said the progesterone cream was worthless, so he gave me the suppositories and I am just going off of them now.
June 18th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. I had three early losses in an 18 month period. My OB suggested progesterone suppositories with DD, my first successful pregnancy. My OB never monitored my progesterone levels, but prescribed it for each subsequent pregnancy I've had. I had an early loss in Sept, but I believe that may have been a chemical pregnancy. I'm taking oral progesterone-Prometrium, 400 mg a day now and will continue for a couple more weeks. I had several tests done after the three losses, one was for the clotting disorder, karotyping (genetic test), and a couple of others-insurance covered some, but not all, and they were pretty costly. All of them came back normal, otherwise I would be taking the baby aspirin too. I may never know for sure if the progesterone had helped, but one thing is certain, it hasn't hurt. Our co-pay means we have been paying $52 a month. I'm not familiar with the cream. I hope you can find a doctor who is open, and willing to prescribe progesterone in some form for you. T&P

June 19th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no experience with progesterone, but, I just wanted to let you know that I'm sooo sorry for your loss. Not fair! I'll be thinking of you and adding you to my JM mommy prayer list Take care and KUP. I hope the cream works for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search