so so nervous

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2010, 10:54 AM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have my NT scan next wed and I am starting to get soooooooo nervous. I know that trisomy 18 is chromosomal and not genetic so the chances of this baby having T18 is really low but since I already had a baby with it my odds raise just a little.

When I had the NT scan when I was pregnant with Lilly the nurse pricked my finger for the blood drops the same day as my scan. The scan went perfectly with a normal NT measurement and nasal bone present. She didn't move much and her legs were crossed but that can be normal. I didn't know until after I did a lot of searching on the internet that T18 babies tend to always have their legs crossed. I had my scan on a thursday and the following tuesday my doctor called with my scary odds (1:<5) and referral to a peri 2 days later for CVS.

One think that is making me a lot less nervous is that I sent in my blood two weeks ago. Last time it was the blood part of the screen that was abnormal so I'm thinking they must have my results by now and if they were abnormal my doctor would've called me by now.

I want so badly for this baby to be healthy. I'm just scared to death that this baby is going to have T18 too I just want it to be next thursday already and know that this baby is OK

June 4th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope your scan comes back normal. I would have thought with your history that if anything was abnormal on the blood work you would have been called. Good luck.

My Ovulation Chart
June 4th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
I hope the week goes by fast for you and you have an awesome u/s. I would think that by now the blood work would have come back and if anything showed up your dr. would have called. Can you call the office and inquire about the results? I'm sure they would understand how anxious you are under the circumstances. This way you wouldn't have to stress out so much!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

June 4th, 2010, 01:57 PM
AmandaR
When I did my b/w a week early, they had my results instantly, like right after the ultrasound. Lots of prayers. I'm sure it's going to be fine!
June 4th, 2010, 02:09 PM
EVY&EGYsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Marti,
The odds of this baby having it are SO low. With your past.....the odds are in your favor.

I think about you all the time...each time you post about your losses I tear up....you have been through SO much. I pray this baby is healthy and you will have him/her in your arms in Dec!!!

Katie

June 4th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks ladies. I know that I will get the full results right after I'm done with the scan. I probably could call and get the blood results but I'm scared that just the opposite will happen of last time. I'll get great results on the blood part and then end up having a horrible scan. I don't know what's wrong with me, I can't stop crying. I am so scared. These next 5 days are going to feel almost as long as the 3 days I had to wait for the FISH results from my CVS.

June 4th, 2010, 02:42 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can sympathize. I was so stressed out the day of the NT scan with this one that my bp was 155/83 before the scan. After the scan it was 115/76. I will be thinking of you and Littlie Liilly...I can't wait to hear awesome news next week.
June 4th, 2010, 03:04 PM
I think I realized why I'm such a mess today...It is exactly 4 months to the day that I had my CVS. That was the last time I saw my baby girl before I actually knew she had T18. I saw her one more time a week later, she was still alive but I knew she was going to die If y'all don't mind I'm going to post a picture of Lilly from that day

June 4th, 2010, 08:41 PM
baby4me?'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry for your loss! How sad and of course we don't mind if you share a picture of your lovely Lilly. I will definitely say a prayer for your little bean! Too bad we can't just fast forward to next Weds! The wait is just awful!

Amanda & Rob married June 16, 2006

June 5th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wishing you the best of luck for your scan and hope the time goes quickly for you!

BFP - 23/08/09

Check out my bump: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f5...l#post17893964

June 5th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Super Mommy
I am so sorry for your loss!!! Thank you for sharing a picture, your daughter was beautiful!! I know a little bit of what you are going thru, we lost our son to heart defect, HLHS and although the chances of it occuring again are slim, they are slightly raised for us because of our history... I know I'm not going to be able to relax until I finally get to see a full heart working the way it is supposed to!!
I wish there was some way we could speed up time and make you feel better, but know you will be in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

June 5th, 2010, 09:06 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Marti, I'm crossing all my crossables for you and your DH. I hope this scan will give you peace of mind so you can relax and enjoy being pregnant. I'll be thinking of you until Wednesday and anxious to hear your update!!
June 5th, 2010, 09:45 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh hun - she was beautiful. Keeping everything crossed and sending t&s for an awesome u/s and that it will give you some peace that baby is healthy! I'll be thinking of you and Lilly too on thursday!!
June 5th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Marti, I'm nervous for my NT scan, but I can't imagine the stress that you must be feeling right now. I think that the odds are in your favour for a healthy baby this time. Any time you need reassurance just ask and we will be here.

June 5th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Natalie_Snow's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry about Lilly! I hope your scan come back good!!!!! The odds are so good this time!! I am sure everything is great with this baby!!
June 5th, 2010, 03:00 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Oh Marti, I can so understand. Ethan's problem wasn't a chromosomal problem, it was diabetes, but it was *possible* that it could happen again, though all the doctors said it wouldn't because this time my diabetes was treated. But leading up to our anatomy scan I spent day and night worried anyway. Everything turned out fine as you all know, but I can still close my eyes and feel the fear I had then.

All I can tell you is that worrying means you are a good mother. So feel better in the knowledge that you're worrying means you love your baby, which means that you are already a great mom.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

June 5th, 2010, 04:50 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Marti,

I am with Kim - I have not been through anything near as terrible as you and I am having nightmares about my NT Scan (It's Wed. too) We will get through this hurdle, just like we did the first ultrasound and hearing the heartbeat the first time.

I am praying for you.

Kat.
June 6th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I'm so sorry for your loss - I can understand why you'd be so nervous now!!! ((Hugs))

I would take it as a good sign that you haven't been contacted, re your blood work!

good luck hun, I hope the time goes fast for you, and that you're left, feeling reassured

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search