Busy week

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
So tonight will be my first night back since the robbery. I think I will be nervous the closer it gets to my shift. Many ppl are amazed at how well I have taken everything. I can't dwell on it and the chance of it happening any time soon I am sure is slim.

On a happier note, I had my 19 week u/s yesterday, they passed with flying colors. It is still going to be nerve racking since at 23 weeks last time the baby only measured 19.
They said she was a girl, I am pretty excited about this.

I also had my regular Drs. appointment yesterday. It went well, I told her about the braxton hicks I was having and that I remember having them with my last pregnancy. She checked to make sure I wasn't dialating. She asked again in detail the events of last pregnancy. She said most likely I don't have an incompetent cervix, which I figured. But she is going to have me going in every two weeks rather than four. Then after I reach about 24 to 26 weeks I will go back to 4 weeks visits. I expained how helpful you all were explaining what they were and why I may be getting them. I also asked if stress could trigger them. Since after I got home from work the other night they were very strong. I have had a few more but they are very weak. She just told me to make sure I stay hydrated and get lots of rest and of course call if I have more than 4 an hour.

She also wanted me to know if anything were to happen that I understand at this point there is nothing they can do. That I also understand if something were to happen it was nothing I caused. It was negative, but I know that at this point in time there is nothing that can be done to save the baby. I have to be a lot closer to 30 weeks before she has any chance at all.
May 12th, 2006, 08:37 AM
soontobemommyto3
Congratulations on the girl!!! I bet you are thrilled!! I had braxton hicks through out my pregnancy with my son. I hated them, I was so sure he would come early because sometimes they were quite painful. But right at about 36 weeks they stopped and he stayed put until 39 weeks - little bugger. I wanted him out at 36 weeks. He was a big boy.

I'm sure all will be fine. DO like the DR said, lots of fluids and rest.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search