U/s update 10-11 update post #7

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2010, 09:05 AM
LisaG825's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First let me start with saying that I am so p***ed off at DH. I know he worked to 16 hour shifts and a 12 hour shift this weekend, but he knew I wanted him to go with me to my u/s appt. He didn't get home off work until 3 am and my appt was at 9:30. I couldn't get him up. Not sure if I will be speaking to him for awhile.

I started crying before they even started the u/s. I was there all alone. It sucked. I couldn't even really look at the u/s screen. She said there is a hb. I looked at the screen after she left the room and it said 107 bpm and my edd is June 8th instead of the 7th (what I had calculated). She said my gestational sac is irregular shaped and showed me on the screen. I didn't ask for an u/s picture and she didn't give me one so I can't post it. It wasn't completely round. It kind of curved in a little on one side. She also said I have a pretty good size cyst on my right ovary. (That is the side I have been having more pain on.)

That is basically all she told me. Just said she didn't like the way my sac looked. They didn't have an opening for me to see the dr. today so I have one scheduled for Wednesday. I am hoping that they will call when he gets there this afternoon to fit me in.

Well, that is pretty much it. I am pretty sure that I can rule out complete molar pregnancy since there was a hb, but doesn't rule out a partial molar.

Has anyone had problems with an irregular shaped gestational sac?

Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Gabriel Matthew- Induced @15w4d on 12/16/09 (Partial Molar Pregnancy). Took 6 1/2 months reach negative after 3 methotrexate injections, D&C 2/19/10, & 6 rounds of chemo Act-d.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1db5ff
Mommy loves you!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
"Now I lay you down to sleep,
I pray the Lord your soul to keep;
Within his arms he'll hold you tight,
My Heavenly Angel, My Guiding Light."

Last edited by LisaG825; October 11th, 2010 at 02:53 PM.
October 11th, 2010, 09:16 AM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about your DH. Mine works crazy hours, and probably would not be able to get up either. He falls asleep at my appts sometimes, lol.

I don't have any experience with an irregular sac, but at least it's not a molar pregnancy! *hugs*

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
October 11th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lisa, that is GREAT NEWS!!!! I think that given the fact that you saw the h/b, the slightly irregular sac is no big deal. As long as it's not, like, completely collapsed. Seeing the h/b and dating on time at this point is a HUGE DEAL, you have a good bean in there right now!!! I'm sure your doctor will be able to explain more and put your mind at ease, it's too bad you will have to wait until Wednesday.

I understand why you're pissed at DH, and that you are probably totally emotionally exhausted by everything at this point, but......

October 11th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you had to go trhough this alone. But I am glad to hear there is a HB! I have no experience with irregular gestational sacs but I would say that it is too early to tell much yet. With early ultrasounds are hard to get accurate measurements (and i would assume shapes too) so I would say call your doctor if you are concerned but otherwise Wednesday is not too far away!

Congrats on the heartbeat!

Thanks Chelsea (GraysMama) for my fantastic signature!

Life as it is...

Love your angel babies for making you the person you are!

October 11th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Halloween81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its great that there is a HB, congratulations. I'm sorry you had to go through that alone though. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience irregular gestational sacs either.
Chemical pregnancy - January 9, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - April 21, 2010
Miscarriage at 7 weeks - October 22, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - May 14, 2011
Miscarriage at 17 weeks - December 7, 2011 (My sweet little Joshua had Achondrogenesis type 2)
Miscarriage at 5 weeks - June 5, 2013

All test results normal. Reason for RPL unknown.

October 11th, 2010, 02:34 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I already posted on TTCAL but I thought I'd reply here too...

I am so glad that you saw a heartbeat and that it isn't a full molar pregnancy! Like I said on TTCAL Jax's sac at 5w6d wasn't perfect and he's looking pretty perfect now at 30 weeks along. His heart rate was right around the same as your bean and I also had a pretty big cyst on my right ovary. I hope that your pregnancy turns out the same, you deserve this. I don't know what your sac looked like but here is a pic of mine at 5w6d:

October 11th, 2010, 02:53 PM
LisaG825's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I will see if I can get an u/s pic so I can post it.

Nurse called back and said dr. said everything looks fine for as early as it is. I have an appt. with him on Wed. so I can actually ask him in person about the sac and everything.

Like I said, we can rule out complete molar, but partial molar we can't.

Gabriel Matthew- Induced @15w4d on 12/16/09 (Partial Molar Pregnancy). Took 6 1/2 months reach negative after 3 methotrexate injections, D&C 2/19/10, & 6 rounds of chemo Act-d.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1db5ff
Mommy loves you!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
"Now I lay you down to sleep,
I pray the Lord your soul to keep;
Within his arms he'll hold you tight,
My Heavenly Angel, My Guiding Light."
October 11th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Eleysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well for now thats good news. I hope the Dr. put your mind at least a little at rest. Hope Wed. comes quick for you.

October 11th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great news on the hb. thats always a great sign, good luck for weds

15 feb last cycle- 24 days
11 march- 30 day cycle
New cycle 10 April nz time

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search