Nervous

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2010, 02:08 AM
LuvMyFurbabies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvMyFurbabies
Hi ladies,
So I went in on Thursday for my first visit and since we were pg with twins before DH and I were hoping for an U/S to see how many were in there. Unfortunately it was right before lunch and the U/S tech left so my midewife told us that if we were 5w2d then there would not be a fetal pole and she didn't want us to get nervous about it but DH wanted to know if she could see more than one sac. Even though she is not fully familiar with the U/S machine she decided to do one on us to make us happy since we suffered the lose we did. She thinks that she saw a sac or a cyst but when looking at it the sac is empty. I can't help but be nervous that there is no baby growing in there. I haven't had much of any symptoms yet except for sleepiness but she said that was normal at this time. Never thought I would be hoping for M/S but it would be confirmation that things are progressing. We go in on the 28th for another U/S and it is so hard to just be patient. I saw somewhere that women pregnant after suffering a loss can feel like that 9 months is the longest 9 months of their life. I want to be excited and happy and not worry but I can't help it. I am happy that she checked me b/c I would have been worrried either way but I am so not a patient person. This whole time is going to just feel like a waiting game and I know I won't feel comfortable until after I hit the mark of my previous loss. Well I could use encouragement from anyone who has had a very early U/S. Thanks ladies.

*Mommy to Brendan with Two Angels Above*
~Momma to 8 Furbabies (4 cats & 4 dogs)~

Last edited by LuvMyFurbabies; October 18th, 2010 at 02:15 AM.
October 18th, 2010, 04:23 AM
OwensMommy25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's so early in the pregnancy I wouldn't worry about not seeing anything yet, It's VERY common not to. I"ve never had an ultrasound that early, because my midwife won't ultrasound early due to exactly this problem. If they can't see anything on the 28th you can be worried, but now just enjoy(easier said than done I know!)

Thanks to Pattyandthemoos For the wonderful siggy!

October 18th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwensMommy25 View Post
It's so early in the pregnancy I wouldn't worry about not seeing anything yet, It's VERY common not to. I"ve never had an ultrasound that early, because my midwife won't ultrasound early due to exactly this problem. If they can't see anything on the 28th you can be worried, but now just enjoy(easier said than done I know!)
I agree... I had an ultrasound done at 5 weeks 6 days & we were only able to see the gest sac & yolk sac, so I imagine at 5 weeks 2 days, you might not see anything but the gest sac. I had to wait about 2 weeks for the next one & I was going out of my mind with worry, but all was well Good luck on the 28th

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

October 18th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Veteran
With my previous pregnancy (the one I lost) we had the same thing happen. We had an u/s around 6 weeks. All they saw was the sac and they told us that was normal for being that early. I had my dates off and thought I was further along than 6 weeks which is why I had the u/s. I would not panic just yet. I will say, after losing my last one, all I can do is focus on my weeekly mark. When I start thinking about the months I start to feel overwhelmed. Like those here have told me, I just keep focusing on the mini-milestones, so for me this is taking it week by week. Good luck and kup.
October 18th, 2010, 12:29 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Try to just take it one day at a time. With more than one of my pregnancies they only saw a sac. One of them, 5w4d they told me to prepare to miscarry. When I came back 2wks later, there was a heartbeat. I love early ultrasounds but since every pregnancy is different, you can't tell what is normal for one and what is not normal for another. Of course I say this now but I'm sure when I get my first u/s I'll be a mess.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 18th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
it's pretty uncommon to see something definitive that early on... was the ultrasound abdominal or vaginal? If it was abdominal, it would be VERY rare to see anything definitive at that point. I had a vaginal u/s at 5w6d with Emersyn & we could see the heartbeat.... but at that point of pregnancy, a few days can make a LOT of difference as to how much you see!

try not to worry particularly if the midwife hasn't been trained to use that u/s machine, or doesn't do many u/s...

can you see if you can get in earlier, just for some reassurance?

October 19th, 2010, 06:28 AM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had an early one with Wesley, and they couldn't see more than a sac at that point. I wouldn't worry.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
October 19th, 2010, 08:14 AM
LuvMyFurbabies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvMyFurbabies
Thank you ladies. I feel better about that early U/S. It is only a week and a half until my next and I should be 7w2d at that point. I am just going to take into consideration that it was really early and that my midwife wasn't exactly sure what she was doing. It is hard not to worry after going through the loss we did so I am just going to have to try and be patient. What is going to happen will happen and at this point there is nothing I can do about it either way so I will just try to focus on good things instead of any negative.

*Mommy to Brendan with Two Angels Above*
~Momma to 8 Furbabies (4 cats & 4 dogs)~

October 19th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My first 2 ultrasounds with this pregnancy I was told I had a blighted ovum. But I am still happily pregnant! Try not to worry. I think in future pregnancies I will wait until 7 weeks for an ultrasound, less guessing...

October 19th, 2010, 12:15 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
With CJ I had an u/s done at 5 weeks all you could see was two little sacks and I think the yolk sacs.
With this one the first u/s all you could see was the sac, a bump of placenta and a yolk sack- a week later we saw the hb. I opted to wait two weeks so we could see more. I go back next Monday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search