I feel even more insecure now :(

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2006, 12:52 PM
SpugsLady's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to SpugsLady Send a message via Yahoo to SpugsLady
Today just before I was about to go to work I stood on my livingroom chair to reach for something and i slipped backwards banged all my shin on the coffee table and landed quite hard on my back will this harm the baby in any way? ive had no stomach/back pain or bleeding but i've just been so upset since it happened I still went to work and felt fine, then went shopping...and i still feel fine, but I just cant get in touch with my midwife as Mobile phones here r supposed to have 11 digits and she's wrote hers wrong in my book and it only has 10 digits The 24 hr line my mum tried wasnt working either, I have my scan on tues I hope everything is ok!!!

<div align="center"></div>
May 27th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure everything is fine. I would think if something was wrong your body would let you know. But I'm no doctor so make sure you let your doctor know that you fell down and where on your body you hit. Take care. by the way my name is Dolores. I came here from time to time.
May 27th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I fell flat on my face/stomach when I was about 4-5 months pregnant with my first baby. Like an idiot, I was out in the yard picking blackberries with my dog (yes, he picked his own) and when I was walking back to the house I fell down. The thing that made the maddest was the dog ran AWAY from me instead of caring enough to come see if I was all right! He probably ran away because I was screaming cuss words as I fell. But everything was fine.

The amniotic sack has plenty of cushion, especially since you fell on your back. Is the baby moving yet? If so, is it still moving like it was before you fell? If not, then you might need to be checked out.

May 27th, 2006, 05:39 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say that everything is okay as long as you aren't bleeding or anything but if you are worried it never hurts to call and make sure. Keep your chin up girlie, I am sure you are okay.

May 28th, 2006, 11:01 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
From all that I have read, it would take something akin to the impact of a car accident to cause a probelm. If I were you, I would still try and be seen just to make sure that everything is ok. But I am a worry wart, so...

Anyway, I am sure everything is fine, but it never hurts to check.
May 28th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
i'm sure everything will be okay hun, you would most likely have had some cramping or bleeding if it looked like anything was wrong.... ((Hugs)) i can totally understand your worry though, I would be scared too. Just remember bubs is nice & safe inside the amniotic sac - which helps protect & cushion any falls, or blows to the tummy

May 29th, 2006, 10:57 AM
SpugsLady's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to SpugsLady Send a message via Yahoo to SpugsLady
Thank u all, i still feel fine, just feel a bit different maybe coz i'm worrying too much...

My scan is tomorrow early in the morning anyways i've had no pains or bleeding I just hope they tell me evrything's okay tomorrow, and hopefully i find out the sex too

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search