Question for you ladies... Could use some advice....

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2010, 08:33 PM
Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

Pardon me for being new to this. I am Jessica, mom to Robert in heaven and Mady who is here with us. Robert was a stillbirth at 35 weeks, and Mady is our gorgeous rainbow baby. Last week I got a BFP, which we were elated about. That same day, I went for my beta HCG. It came back at only 44. I don't know when I ovulated, but DH and I only DTD 2 times in the whole month, so it had to be somewhere around October 8th. I went and had my next draw 48 hours later. That result is only 59. That puts my doubling time at 3.7 days or 89 hours instead of the 72 it should be. My drs office is still all okay with it and told me to get another draw done this Thursday. How many of you ladies had numbers so low or not doubling and had healthy pregnancies or m/c's? What was your experience with low betas? I would love whatever input I can get.
November 2nd, 2010, 01:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd say 89 hours isn't that different from 72. I would just wait and see for the next one. (((hugs))) I know how stressful it all is. I commend your bravery getting pg again. I'm still debating if I should just be thankful for my one and stop - I'm so nervous to do it all over.

The only draws I have had were with bleeding so it was 125 (probably 6 weeks pg - so very very low) and then 25 and then 2.5 - which was good because we wanted to rule out ectopic.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
November 2nd, 2010, 05:57 AM
OwensMommy25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first beta draw was 27, which is extremely low. I didn't double at first I think my next one was a doubling time of 82 hrs.

There are things that can effect your blood draw, such as dehydration.
I wouldn't worry about it right now.
I'm now 22 weeks with a healthy baby boy.

Thanks to Pattyandthemoos For the wonderful siggy!

November 3rd, 2010, 10:12 AM
amrysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry about your loss . With my first pregnancy my betas were really low, however they did more than double within 48 hours, but I did have a m/c. With my second my betas almost doubled every 48 hours, and immediately the dr's office ruled it as ectopic. I was hesitant, but decided to follow the doc, and it was an ectopic. With my third my beta's I think doubled almost every day and a half. Beta's don't give a definite on how the pregnancy will go. All my beta's doubled much faster than yours and they all ended differently. When they ruled my second as ectopic, I told them I thought that anything within 72 hours was normal, and they said no. That doesn't mean that your pregnancy won't have a good outcome tho, and if your dr doesn't seemed concerned I wouldn't stress about it either. I hope everything works out for you
November 3rd, 2010, 01:47 PM
daisyjay2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had betas drawn with 3 pregnancies. the first one, they were on the low side and went up slowly, but surely and I lost that baby at 11 weeks. the second time they doubled every 48 hours, no bleeding or anything out of the ordinary and i lost that baby at 9 weeks. this pregnancy they doubled fairly normally then about 6 weeks they barely went up at all and i was told i would have another miscarriage. here i am 23 weeks along with a healthy baby. so i agree with the others, every pregnancy's betas will do different things and they don't necessarily determine the outcome. try to take it day by day and my best advice to myself was to stop getting those **** betas drawn, they made me crazy. there's nothing they can do at that early stage anyway. good luck and i really hope it all turns out ok

November 3rd, 2010, 07:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't really know much about betas. My Dr. doesn't do them. I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Good luck at your next draw.
November 5th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you ladies for all your stories. It really helps to hear that there could be any outcome, so I don't feel so negative about it. I went again on Thursday and had a draw and that number was 367, putting my doubling time at 44.5 hours. So I guess its not game over yet. I have to go for another one next Thursday and then we'll see what happens. It's really tough not knowing what is going to happen, but I am trying to remain positive. Thank you again and any other stories are welcome, bad or good about hcg.
November 7th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Super Mommy
Hi, I lurk here once in a while as I am pregnant after loss..19 weeks right now. In the beginning of this pregnancy I was told my Hcg was over 10,000 which was too high. They said I should wait a week and see if my body miscarried naturally. If not I needed to go schedule a DNC. Needless to say my body didn't "take care of it" and they did a follow up hcg test and ultrasound that day. Baby is now at 19 weeks like I said. Just thought I'd share my story with hcg!!
November 7th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You know honestly if you aren't bleeding or experiencing weird pain - I would not get another HCG test. You don't need the stress - You got a good doubling time. See if you can get an U/S at 8 or 9 weeks- so you will for sure see a heart beat and a baby and then the 20 week check on things one (or whatever they feel is necessary because of your late loss) But the HCG tests aren't going to tell you much else. Just my opinion - but getting tests and waiting for results can make us feel like things are bound to go wrong.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
November 9th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My first beta with DS#2 was 25, two days later 34, he is 5 years old now. There's such a wide range of normal that it will just stress you out.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search