Does the fear ever go away?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am still convinced that my baby is going to die! I am 19 weeks along, I have NEVER even been close to this far (farthest was 10 weeks but baby died at 6) I can feel him move which is reassuring, but I can't accept the fact that he's ok. I feel like any day now he's going to die! After 10 losses it's really hard for me to believe that I can actually have a good pregnancy and a healthy baby!

I try to be positive most of the time, and I am usually very excited! I plan all the stuff we are going to get, but I can't bring myself to actually buy anything, and when I do I end up taking it back... I don't want to have to deal with seeing stuff and returning it if I lose him. Every week I realise how much harder it will be if he dies, in less then a week it would no longer be considered a miscarriage, but I stillbirth instead.... I would have to be induced!

I really hate it when these thoughts creep into my happiness, and they are taking over right now. Does this ever go away? Will I ever be truly happy? Or will I continue to be scared, even after he is born?

November 18th, 2010, 08:00 AM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You really have to focus on the positives, not the negatives. It's awful to think about having a stillbirth, and having to be induced. Don't do that to yourself. I know it is hard, I had 2 loses, and my mom had 5 (including a stillbirth of my sibling). It's just not good for you or the baby. I take one day at a time, and celebrate the milestones when I reach them. Instead, focus on being half-way done, and that much closer to finally getting that baby! The chances you will lose him drop greatly by this point. Everything could be perfectly fine, and likely is. *huge hugs*

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
November 18th, 2010, 10:12 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
ditto to the advice Lauren gave....
I know it is hard hon, I was scared the entire time also....but I did focus on all of the positive things during my pregnancy. One day at a time sounds cliche', but it really is the way to go. Enjoy this time as best as you can....and know that with each passing day, you are one step closer to meeting your precious little one !

November 18th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I still have lots of fears too. Until he is in my arms, alive and well I don't think that I will ever fully relax. Of course then the new fears will creep in!
November 19th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Boble's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i was the same... but as the weeks went by it did get easier.. and then by the end of the pregnancy I was almost wishing I could keep her in... selfishy, I didn't want to share her with anyone else.. well.. I did, but I didn't. very hard to explain.

I found that from my 20 week scan it got easier.. seeing bub then and knowing that at that point everything was ok in there somehow made it easier.

Thank you kiliki for my gorgeous siggy!
November 19th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it gets easier. My daughter was stillborn at 20 weeks, but I don't worry about losing this one anymore. I've had several ultrasounds all verifying that he doesnt' have the same defect my daughter did and I think that has gone a long way towards giving me peace of mind. It takes a lot of faith to go through a pregnancy after what we've been through, but we've just got to try our best to be positive and push through. I agree that if you haven't had your anatomy scan already that will probably help ease your mind.
November 19th, 2010, 05:32 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
not really, I'm not as scared as I could be since we haven't seen anything to be concerned about on any ultrasounds. There are still things that make me freak out quite often and I'm almost to the end.

November 19th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The anatomy scan made a HUGE difference for me. I still get scared. We co sleep so I can always make sure she's breathing! And I have trouble leaving her with someone else - but it is miles and miles better than it was.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
November 20th, 2010, 05:36 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For me, each week further along in the pregnancy, the better I was able to contain my fears and panic. It honestly was not until after 24-25 weeks that I started to really relax. Being able to feel movement helped a lot, but can also make things worse at times!

Now that I am 2 weeks from delivering him, it is a whole new set of fears!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search