Have you connected as well with this pregnancy?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been on here in awhile. I had lots of early fears of something happening to this baby at first and as things continued to go well, those have subsided. I still have a little fear but nothing like before. Last night I was thinking about how this pregnancy has flown by and is almost over and I kinda feel like I'm not as connected as I usually am. I realize this because I am starting to connect a bit more since I'm having weekly u/s for biophysical profiles. The u/s techs love to turn it on 4-D so I'm getting some amazing pics and looks at our baby girl. I realize she is starting to feel more real to me. I was thinking last night, how I have mostly been thinking of this "pregnancy" not so much "my baby". I've been excited, involved and looking forward to my appointments but it is different somehow than my others. I think it doesn't help that we haven't decided on her name yet. We have a couple that we like but no name that I'm totally in love with and part of me wonders if this is why. Anyway, I'm thankful for this weekly peeks at our baby girl because each one makes her seem more real to me.
November 24th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sort of connecting.... I am very excited, but I don't really feel like I am going to have a baby. I more feel like I am having a pregnancy, which I guess is kind of what you are saying. I don't feel the two concepts are connected in my mind.... After 10 pregnancies, and no babies, it's hard for me to grasp that pregnancy really does lead to a living baby...

November 24th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, that is what I mean. I've been excited about the pregnancy but the baby hasn't felt real to me, if that makes any sense and I didn't realize it until now. She still doesn't feel as real as my others at this point, but its getting better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search