My Appointment

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2010, 05:04 PM
LuvMyFurbabies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvMyFurbabies
So I had an appointment on Tuesday with the midwife. I was extremely nervous b/c I just wanted to hear the heartbeat to know everything was fine. I haven't had any symptoms and I am 11 wks so I just wanted confirmation that I was progressing. They had a new nurse there that took DH and I back to get my blood pressure and hear the heartbeat. She unfortunately did not realize that we had the loss of the twins until after we freaked out when she was looking for the hb. She was looking for like 5 minutes and didn't say anything to us meanwhile I was getting more and more anxious trying to stay calm by telling myself "it is early to hear the hb", "if she can't get it then we can have an U/S to see the baby", and so on. Finally she found a very faint hb and said it was it and DH kept saying "are you sure?". While I started crying from all the buildup of emotion. She looked at him and said "I do this all day, yes that is the hb." I wanted to smack her. Then DH told her about the loss and that was the reason we were so upset. I was so frustrated!! The whole reason I decided to go back to my midwife was because they were there when we went through all of that and I figured they would be empathetic to our situation. I really wish that nurse had checked our chart to see or at least said something to us while looking for the hb.

Anyways, the midwife came in and wanted to hear the hb. I felt so much more at peace when she was doing it b/c she actually talked to us and calmed us. The U/S tech was on vacation and the midwife wanted to record the hb for us to have so she took us in to try and hear the hb loud on the U/S machine. Unfortunately she didn't know how to hear the hb on it but we were able to see the baby!!! She left it on the baby for a bit and we watched the little bambino doing full body kicks. We could see the legs, arms and fingers, and the face pretty well on the U/S. It was so reassuring to watch the baby moving and the growth since our last visit. We weren't able to get any picutes b/c my midwife was unable to figure out how to take them. She was able to get a really strong hb on the doppler that we were able to record to have at home with us.

Since the visit I think DH and I feel much more confident in this pregnancy. DH has been touching my belly alot and talking to the baby and talking about the baby alot. Similar to how he was in the first pregnancy. So even though I have not had any pg symptoms everything seems to be progressing well!! I think that every appointment and every milestone is going to get better and better and we will be able to feel more confident in this pg and let go of our fears of loosing this baby.

*Mommy to Brendan with Two Angels Above*
~Momma to 8 Furbabies (4 cats & 4 dogs)~

November 27th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Veteran
Yay! I'm sorry the nurse was insensitive to you. Sometimes people just dont get it.

I'm happy for you that you were able to see the baby swimming around!!!
November 27th, 2010, 07:16 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Even the though the nurse was really rude i'm so glad you got to see your baby and that everything is good.

November 28th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YEAH for a strong heartbeat!!!

Boo for the new nurse -- I hope the regular one was just on vacation or something.

Even though it's worrysome not to have symptoms all of the time, please try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. I know -- easier said than done.

So happy for you, Michelle!!!!!!!

November 28th, 2010, 04:36 PM
LuvMyFurbabies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvMyFurbabies
Thanks Sacha. I think after that appt I feel much better and hopefully I will be able to relax for the next one but we will see.

The midwife didn't seem too pleased with this new nurse. Not sure if she is for the entire office or working just for the midwife so we will see next time. I think I will have to ask for the other one next time or just remind her what she is dealing with next time. Just glad to see the baby moving alot and know that things are progressing like they should.

*Mommy to Brendan with Two Angels Above*
~Momma to 8 Furbabies (4 cats & 4 dogs)~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search