Terrified...What should i do?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2010, 09:00 AM
jenn27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Morning ladies. I lurk here but I don't post alot. I figured though of anyone, you ladies would understand and have some great advice. Here is the problem.....

I am 9 wks 5 days today and last night I went to the restroom and I had some light pink spotting and then one bright red spot about the size of the tip of a pen when I wiped. My last appt at 7wks 6 days the baby was perfectly fine, HB was 146 and was implanted high in the uterus. The spotting wasn't much at all. I just worry anytime I see any color whatsoever. I was pretty busy yesterday afternoon after work. I had to get all 5 of us packed for our cruise. We are leaving this evening heading to New Orleans and getting on the boat tomorrow around lunch and will be back on Monday. I work at the hospital here in town and a good friend of mine works in radiology and he said he will do an ultrasound anytime I want. He has already done 2 and I had one every month with my daughter who is now 16 months. I have NEVER had issues with spotting in previous pregnancies. I had some light spotting around 7 weeks but the u/s showed everything was fine. Part of me wants to get an u/s to make sure everything is ok but the other part of me is terrified that there will be no HB and our trip will be ruined. I would rather worry for the next 5 days so that my family can enjoy their vacation than ruin it for everyone if it's bad news. I have been through a miscarriage before we got pregnant with our daughter and that was after trying for over a year to get pregnant. I was only 5 weeks so it was very early but it was devastating. What would ya'll do? I could always have the u/s and if it wasn't good news I could just keep it to myself until we get back. I dont' want to sound so negative but I can't help my fear. I had a nightmare last night that I m/c which is nothing new for me during pregnancy. I have had those with both my pregnancies and both children are perfectly fine. I'm just soooo torn...Sorry for going on and on....I just don't know what to do. I know you don't have a period during pregnancy, but today would have been the start of my normal cycle. I need ADVICE please!!!!!!!!! I'm an absolute mess right now sitting at work trying not to bust out into tears!!!!!

December 1st, 2010, 09:23 AM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh hun i am so sorry you are having to deal with this! and right before your vacation....

ok, if it were ME... (and it was last year, so i feel ya) i would get it checked out. chances are there is NOTHING wrong. you are going to go on your trip and it will be ruined cause you are going to be so very worried. your family is going to know that you are upset about something.

if you find out something IS wrong - tell your family. they will want to know, to support you and make you feel better. if you dont want to tell the kids, at least tell your dh. it is only fair that he know as well.

i understand why this is a hard situation, but i really think NOT knowing is almost worse.

i had my loss last year during a disney vacation. it sucked royally, but my husband was a great support to me - and i was very glad i had him to lean on.

i pray everything is ok! you saw a healthy bean with a great heart beat! get it looked at - if all is well you will be SO glad you did. if there is an issue, there may just be something that can be done (perhaps progesterone) that may be able to stop the issue.

huge hugs~
December 1st, 2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamom View Post
oh hun i am so sorry you are having to deal with this! and right before your vacation....

ok, if it were ME... (and it was last year, so i feel ya) i would get it checked out. chances are there is NOTHING wrong. you are going to go on your trip and it will be ruined cause you are going to be so very worried. your family is going to know that you are upset about something.

if you find out something IS wrong - tell your family. they will want to know, to support you and make you feel better. if you dont want to tell the kids, at least tell your dh. it is only fair that he know as well.

i understand why this is a hard situation, but i really think NOT knowing is almost worse.

i had my loss last year during a disney vacation. it sucked royally, but my husband was a great support to me - and i was very glad i had him to lean on.

i pray everything is ok! you saw a healthy bean with a great heart beat! get it looked at - if all is well you will be SO glad you did. if there is an issue, there may just be something that can be done (perhaps progesterone) that may be able to stop the issue.

huge hugs~
Thank you so much for your advice and and your words of comfort. You are an absolute blessing. I guess maybe after lunch I will see if Mr. Billy will scan me really quick. We have friends and their daughter going as well and I am terrified or ruining everyone's vacation. When I had my m/c we had gone with some friends to spend the night in Memphis to take all the kids to the zoo and I had a m/c that morning before we ever even made it to the zoo. I didn't tell the kids and we went on to the zoo like nothing every happened. YOu are right. DH was soooo wonderful. I am just terrified of hearing that there is no heartbeat. I will let you know when I find out something. Thank you again so much. It truely means alot to me.

December 1st, 2010, 11:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would probably get checked before I left too. Remember, spotting is very common in early pregnancy so chances are that it's nothing to worry about. I hope that you get good news today and that you have a fabulous vacation!
December 1st, 2010, 11:37 AM
amrysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First, I love your picture that is so pretty, second I can completely understand your fears. Pregnancy is suppose to be a happy time, but for anybody who has never experienced a loss never realizes the worry and anxiety of someone who has. I personally would get the ultrasound also, to ease your mind. Like you I had spotting around that time and freaked out, but I didn't have a friend who could do ultrasounds for me, so I had to face my fears and hope everything was ok. And it was, we had DTD the night before which caused my cervix to become irritated which caused bleeding, but it was a lot more than what you described. Also, another thing that could be the culprit, some toilet papers have red fibers in them, about the size of a tip of a pen, which has given me many many scares during my pregnancy. I had to really inspect the TP to realize it was a red fiber that was part of the TP. Good luck, I'm sure everything is going to be ok
December 1st, 2010, 02:38 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
I too would get it checked. I think if you check and the baby is fine, you'll be so relieved and have a great time on vacation. But if you don't get it checked, the vacation will be ruined just as it will if something's wrong. Basically a bad u/s won't make things too much worse as you seem to be thinking the worst anyway, but a good u/s will make all the difference in the world.
December 1st, 2010, 04:12 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with everyone else. When I m/c at 10 weeks, my husband called into work to take off the weekend and we went away with our little boy. It was very sad that we just lost our baby, but spending time with Wesley, and enjoying the little family we do have, really made all the difference. I'm sure everything is fine, but if for some reason it's not, try to look at things that way. *hugs*

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
December 1st, 2010, 06:30 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Any update Jenn? I'm sure you are busy getting ready for your trip, but I'm thinking about you! Hope everything is just fine!

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
December 3rd, 2010, 12:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs))) I hope all is well. I would get checked too. I'd rather know either way than worry. And - for sure tell DH. Us mommas need support!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
December 7th, 2010, 10:23 AM
sorry for not updating sooner. I decided not to have the u/s. I just couldn't do it. We went on our cruise and had a FABULOUS time. I have not had any speck of spotting at all since early wednesday morning. I may have one today but haven't decided yet. I was soooo not ready to come back home. Next time we are going all out and going on at least a 7 day cruise. There is nothing like not having to cook, clean, not having to deal with a cell phone and internet, not having to worry about all the things that you should be doing. It was a wonderful wonderful much needed vacation. I have an appt next week. I'm sure I will have an ultrasound before then and I will update you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search