Kimberly-KDD

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2010, 12:38 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't not believe that you are 37 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The baby will be here before you know it. How are you doing? Are you ready?
I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

December 3rd, 2010, 03:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am not ready yet! I think I got myself so mentally prepared for a Xmas baby that anything sooner than that freaks me out! And then today my Dr. tells me to be prepared for the chance that they may want to induce me next week! I haven't even figured out how to install the car seat yet! It's amazing how 40 weeks can seem like forever and yet go by in the blink of an eye at the same time.
December 4th, 2010, 12:29 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
o m g this is so exciting Kimberly!!!!!! I can't even express how excited I am for you - you're going to be holding your LO so soon!!!

Are you nervous for your labor or feeling confident (or so tired of being 3rd tri you're ready for it anyway - which was basically where i was when Savannah was born )??

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
December 4th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-SBB View Post
Are you nervous for your labor or feeling confident (or so tired of being 3rd tri you're ready for it anyway - which was basically where i was when Savannah was born )??
Of course I'm nervous for labour (I got a taste of what's to come when I had my m/c), but I'm not ready yet. My 1 week off work has only felt like 2 days. I've accomplished a lot in the house but there is still so much to do! Plus, I am scared to be induced. I know too many women who were induced then ended up with an emergency c-section. But that's what motherhood is right? Full of uncertainty!
December 4th, 2010, 03:46 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDD View Post
Plus, I am scared to be induced. I know too many women who were induced then ended up with an emergency c-section. But that's what motherhood is right? Full of uncertainty!
Are you definitely being induced? I was induced 5 days prior to due date...I didn't love the induction process but I didn't end up in c-section (if that makes you feel better) and I've run into several ladies who actually had a fairly easy inductions, so not everyone has a difficult time with them...KUP on how you're doing and if you do end up with an induction date. HUGS

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
December 5th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was induced 5 days after edd. It really wasn't a bad process for me. I went in at 5am and asked that they just break my water and I walked and walked and walked and walked (until 1pm) and there was ZERO progress. So I started on Pitocin (sp?). About 4pm got my epidural and started pushing (around 4 or 5 pushes) around 6:15 pm. M/W decided to "labor down" (sit me as upright as possible in the bed to let gravity take its course -- I was fully dialated but she was still pretty high up. So I sat upright and started pushing again (3 or 4 pushes) and she was out. It was definitely much better than all my fears, but I totally understand those fears -- I think we all have them. It's hard to go through the unexpected.

And each one is different. Praying for an easy labor for you and your wee one.

As for the car seat... the secret is 2 people. One to "push down" on the car seat as much as possible and the other to yank on the belts to pull it as tight as possible. You'll be a pro in no time. (I still have to install them for dh... I think he CAN, he just prefers to let me)

December 5th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Why would he want to induce you Kimberly?

I've been induced 3 times and no csections so far. Good luck!

December 5th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
They may induce me because our baby is small (but normal) and they feel he will grow faster outside. In addition, even though he's small, he's running out of room. So they're also monitoring the blood flow through the cord. I honestly never even considered the possibility of being induced unless I was late. It's taking me a while to come to terms with this possibility. I will know more tomorrow after my u/s.
December 5th, 2010, 01:54 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kim - I hate that you are facing an induction. Marti said she thinks the labor cookies (and Nebraska losing) sent her into labor

It's really odd - You, Jenn, Marti and I were all due mid-late December and it looks like we may all end up with our babies within a week of each other - and before the end of the first week of Dec.!!
December 5th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking the same thing Kat. I was shocked to see that Marti was in labour already. If I'm not induced I definitely don't think that this boy will be born anytime soon. He hasn't even dropped yet.
December 6th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Well, I hope you don't get induced but do whatever you need to do for you and the baby, so that he comes out safe and healthy. When do you know for sure?

December 6th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We're meeting the Dr. tomorrow to discuss induction. It will be sometime this week.
December 7th, 2010, 10:25 AM
So??? Did you already meet with the doctor? Update please going crazy here

December 7th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
UPDATE: I've been admitted to hospital. At 2 pm they gave me Cervadril (my cervix is still closed). They will check on me every 12 hours, and expect that I will need a 2nd dose tomorrow. Once the cervix opens up a bit they will most likely use a Foley balloon, and then start me on oxytocin.

Basically I'm alone (DH can't stay overnight until I'm in active labour), I'm bored, and I have a cold!

Michelle is updating on TTC #1 Grads as things progress. It will most likely be a few days.
December 7th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
good luck!

December 8th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Any news? I totally picked an AWESOME day to come back and visit. I'm thinking of you and hoping everything is going GREAT!

December 9th, 2010, 09:56 AM
I got this update from the Dec DD
Update Dec 8 11 pm
Just chatted with Kim via text. The foley was put in this afternoon and has now come out. They have had a busy day at the hospital today and she has been moved from her original room to a "procedure room" to a post partum room which she shares with a woman and her new born. They have told her she will move to a delivery room as soon as one is available and will be starting the oxytocin.

December 9th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh my I did not think she i was this far along !!!! I am so out of the loop right now !! COngrats ,
December 9th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oooooooooooo! The baby's coming! The baby's coming! I'm sooo excited. Thanks for keeping us posted. Can't wait to hear more.

December 9th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thought I would update here in case you are not checking her other boards.

Nathan is here!
Nathan John Michael. 5 lbs 7 oz. Born Dec. 9. @ 1:09 pm.

I will let her post pictures when she is ready.

Thanks Chelsea (GraysMama) for my fantastic signature!

Life as it is...

Love your angel babies for making you the person you are!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search