What Are your milestones? Have you passed any?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2010, 07:01 PM
OwensMommy25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Recently I passed viability and I've now reached my 3rd trimester but my fears haven't really gone away. I'm nervous now about delivery and everyone being healthy and okay.

How are you guys feeling emotionally right now?

Thanks to Pattyandthemoos For the wonderful siggy!

December 3rd, 2010, 08:00 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I'm still a mess. I haven't even had my first appointment yet. I'm dreading going and dreading the first ultrasound and dreading that they won't even do one. If I can just see a heartbeat I'll feel a little relieved as I never even got a chance to see one with my 8wk mc. My next goal is 8 weeks. After that, my milestones will be 13 weeks, 24 weeks, 28 weeks and 34 weeks. If I make it that far, I'll be able to enjoy the few days I'd have left.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
December 3rd, 2010, 09:33 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I made it through my first beta, 2nd is on Monday

Lucky mother to five!

December 4th, 2010, 05:41 AM
BeccaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to BeccaM
My first milestone was my betas doubling and they did. Now Im just waiting to get thru more betas and then my appointment on Dec 29th. Im just taking it one week at a time.
December 4th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hang in there ladies! I felt it much easier to set small milestones rather than focus on the big picture. As for me I have reached full term. Next milestone: getting through L&D and coming home with baby!
December 5th, 2010, 05:14 AM
LuvMyFurbabies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvMyFurbabies
Each week is a milestone but the big ones are each appointment and hearing the heartbeat each time. The other big ones would be the times when we had found out bad news from the twins. So a positive down's syndrome/spina bifada test, 17 weeks and 21 weeks. I think once we get past those I will feel more confident but I think there will be a constant fear no matter what. The first pregnancy you are so oblivious to the things that can go wrong. Once you suffer a loss you realize how quickly your little miracle can be taken away. My next goal is our appointment on the 21st this month. I am going to try and stay calm this time before we hear the heartbeat.

*Mommy to Brendan with Two Angels Above*
~Momma to 8 Furbabies (4 cats & 4 dogs)~

December 5th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Every week (Sunday, when I hit a new "week #") is a milestone for me. And every appointment and ultrasound. I have passed 2 big ones recently: I got to the 2nd trimester (woohoo!!), and I had a great 14.5 week detailed ultrasound to look at my placenta and figure out why I was having all that scary bleeding.

I must have had a large SCH that was low-lying or otherwise difficult to see on u/s. Right now the placenta has grown and moved up, I have a healthy looking and well placed placenta and baby, no SCHs, and then I have this blob/old SCH/blood clot thing sitting on my cervix. I continue to spot brown (sometimes heavy spotting) and pass little stringy brown clots, but I know that it's just leftover, I'm just passing that blob on my cervix. It can't hurt the baby anymore at this point. Plus I haven't had red blood in almost 3 weeks - longer than any interval since my first bleed at 6 weeks.

So that was a BIG MILESTONE!!! I was sooooo stressed and worried about the pregnancy with all my unexplained bleeding, and this recent news has lifted a huge weight from my shoulders. After that, I told everyone about the pregnancy, and bought maternity clothes (which I needed anyway but was too superstitious to get).

Next week I'll be 16 weeks - I'll start counting by months instead of weeks - that also feels like a big milestone.

Oh yeah - and at the same u/s, we found out we're having a GIRL!!!! It's early, we'll find out more definitively in January, but I'm 99% sure it's correct, it was really easy to see the 3 white lines/hamburger and we had a nice clear shot. I'm just drowning in good news lately. I hope I don't wake up from this dream.

December 5th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've passed the half way point! Wahoo! In 2 weeks I will reach viability! I can't wait. I think I will truly be able to relax when I get to 24 weeks. I have an ultrasound on Wednesday!

December 5th, 2010, 01:16 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDD View Post
Hang in there ladies! I felt it much easier to set small milestones rather than focus on the big picture. As for me I have reached full term. Next milestone: getting through L&D and coming home with baby!
I agree. Each week has been a milestone for me. Like Kim it's getting through the birth and bringing her home and i'm very ready.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search