First appt, first u/s dates off? (x-post)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2010, 03:14 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
By my calculations, I should be 7 weeks today. The Dr. said I should be 6w6d which is fine, her calendar wheel is different. The thing that has me worried is that the u/s showed 6w1d.

The heart rate was around 150 and I could see the flicker but the dates being far off has me worried. She said they will leave my due date as July 26 because it's not more than a week off and I go back in 2 weeks.

Here is my pic

I know I'm just being paranoid but I really just can't relax at all can I? I have an appt with Maternal fetal medicine on Thursday. Nothing exciting, just a consult. Two more weeks of worrying is going to kill me.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
December 6th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay for a h/b and great looking sac and fetal pole!!!! This is great news!

Rebecca, it is SO common for dates to be way off in the beginning. These early u/s measurements are all over the place. I think mine was like 5 days behind at my first u/s where we saw the sac; we also couldn't see a sac at all when my dates and HCG numbers said we should be able to. My doctor said anytime within a week of the estimated age was considered no problem whatsoever. Later scans measured closer to estimated age, and then at my last scan at 14.5 weeks, the baby was measuring several days AHEAD... so they can definitely catch up!

Later scans will be much more informative... don't worry! (Ha, fat chance of that, I know... I did pretty much nothing but worry and feel horrible and stressed out for the first 2 months... but still, good advice, right??)

December 6th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) what a beautiful bean
December 6th, 2010, 08:51 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
early measurements can be off and ..I think the general rule of thumb is + or - 5 to 7 days.

the fact that you have seen the bean with a great HB is wonderful news !!
my dd was changed 3 times with Katie ....and she came 3 weeks early @ 8 lbs 6oz.
sending you sticky growing baby dust !!

December 7th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
A week either way is fine!!! They are measuring grainy looking pixels!!!! YAY Heart beat!!!!!! Your chances of everything being A -OK - have gone WAY up! (((hugs)))

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
December 7th, 2010, 06:16 AM
OwensMommy25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree, you should concentrate on the fact that there was a heartbeat!! Early measurements are usually more accurate, so you probably have a late implant, which is fine.
Believe me, I know it is very hard not to worry, but so far everything looks great!

Thanks to Pattyandthemoos For the wonderful siggy!

December 7th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I already answered you in TTCAL but I just wanted to say to focus on the pg, enjoy it, and keep thinking about that wonderful h/b.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search