Could it be??!! **Update**

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2010, 10:57 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a loss 1 month ago today. It was a natural m/c. I have not yet had a post m/c AF, and DH and I haven't been real careful (NTNP, though we've only DTD 3x since the m/c). Sunday night I had some pinkish/brown CM and I thought..."AF is coming yay!". But no AF, and this week I've been feeling kinda "off". Dizzy (but I'm on iron for anemia after m/c), nausea started last night and continues today, and just generally "off"...and I "feel" pregnant.

So, I went and took a FRER....and got a light +.

I'm not sure if this could be from latent/lingering HcG (I haven't had any blood tests to follow numbers) or a true BFP.

I plan on waiting a few days, then taking another one to see if it gets darker.

Do you think it's too soon for a BFP or could it really be true?! I don't want to be too hopeful, but I really do hope. Anyone else get a BFP before AF returned?

I'm grateful for any input! Thanks.

ps. I can post a pic of the FRER tonight when I get home if you like.

****UPDATE****

So here's the update...and it's a not good/good one. AF came on Saturday...so I didn't have to waste another FRER, the last one must have still been lingering HCG from the m/c. So it looks like I won't be joining you, just yet, but hopefully soon.

I was trying not to get my hopes up, but they were still up and I'm sad BUT...I'm also glad that AF return and now we can really get down to business and start planning. I had been afraid that AF wouldn't come back for months.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

Last edited by onedaysoon; December 13th, 2010 at 05:19 AM. Reason: update
December 9th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My first m/c was natural and early, and my next AF was right on time. Lots of women get pregnant again after a m/c before getting the next AF. I think it's very possible that you got a true + HPT from a new pregnancy!!! But, it is at all possible that your natural m/c was incomplete? Did the doctor check you out? Did you take HPT's and get negatives? (With my first loss I kept obsessively taking HPT's until they were all negative.) If you don't know for sure that the m/c was complete, then you can't really know for sure about this new pregnancy. But my feeling is that your odds are good. KUP!!!!

December 9th, 2010, 11:44 AM
The OB gave me an ultrasound and said it was complete. The bleeding stopped about a week after it started.

I didn't take any HPTs after...didn't even think of it. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

If the line gets darker in a few days that would be a good sign right?

~~~

December 9th, 2010, 12:24 PM
romasposa's Avatar Veteran
I had this happen. I had a blighted ovum that resolved itself on August 18th. Had some period-like bleeding for about 4-5 days and went in a few days later for another u/s. The m/c was complete. My HCG level was close to 0.

Had a regular period beginning August 31 (so 13 days after the m/c began) and got pg that cycle. We are now 14 weeks and baby looks healthy and perfect!!!

So, it is possible...

December 9th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, if you keep taking tests and they keep getting darker, that's a good sign... but it's not NEARLY as accurate as the blood tests at the doctor's!!! (Different individual tests can have different sensitivities, even within the same batch.) If I were you, I'd probably take a few more days of tests with FMU just to satisfy my curiosity, then get to the doctor for betas.

I think it's probably not too early to say...

December 9th, 2010, 01:30 PM
OwensMommy25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a true pregnancy to me! Get checked out my an OB though. I know this has happened to many woman! GL!

Thanks to Pattyandthemoos For the wonderful siggy!

December 9th, 2010, 03:14 PM
mommabirdof4
This is what happened to me...I miscarried at 5 weeks....then Ovulated 16 days later (I was charting and using OPKs) and we DTD the day before Ovulation. Here I am almost 11 weeks preggo with TWINS!!!
December 9th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks all for the responses! I hope it is a true BFP too! I'm not sure about beta's, my OB doesn't usually see you until at least 12 weeks (in fact, I haven't even had the m/c follow-up yet, it's set for the day that I was supposed to see her for the preggo app't...which would have been 14 weeks).

I'll test again this weekend, then if it seems to get darker I'll call the OB office and see what they want to do.

Thanks again! I'll KUP and hope to stick around.

~~~

December 10th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. And, I want to see pics of the hpt! I love looking at hpt results Good luck. And, it sounds like chances are good.

December 13th, 2010, 06:44 AM
update in first post.

~~~

December 13th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh man, I'm sorry the witch showed!!! But if you are anemic and stuff, I imagine that your body needs some more time to recover. (I'm always paranoid about anemia, I'm super prone to it.) And AF is a good sign that your body's getting back into the normal cycle. G/L and HUGS!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search