Question for you ladies. Could use some help

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2010, 04:39 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Scared, worried, happy covers about all the emotions I have been feeling since last Saturday when I took the digi pregnancy test and it came back saying pregnant. I was totally shocked when I saw the word pregnant. One reason why I am scared and worried about this pregnancy is I took the medication provera to make sure I got af on time in December so we could do our IUI. Since the m/c in July af has had a mind of her own. She was showing up when she wanted to. Before I started the provera I took two digi pregnant test. Both of the test came back not pregnant. ( I didn't know your hcg level had to be higher to show up on a digi) I took the full cycle of provera. When af didn't show up after I finished the provera I took a pregnancy test again. Expecting the test to come back not pregnant. I was in shock when it came back right away pregnant. I called my doctor on Monday 12/6 right away and went in for blood work on Tuesday 12/7. They tested my hcg level and my progestogen level. My HCG level on Tuesday was 156 (which worries me because I think that is low) My progestogen level was only 8.8 which is low. The doctor put me on Prometrium right away to help with the progestogen level. The doctor told me that my progestogen level was a real concern. I did a repeat HCG level yesterday 12/9 which was exactly 48 hours and my HCG level was 285. I am worried since the number didn't double. (I still think the HCG number is still low) The doctor said I am on the fence to have a heathly pregnancy. They wont retest my pregestogen level since I am on Prometrium. At the same time the doctor was saying I am on the fence about having a healthy pregnancy he did say the HCG went up by 60 percent. I have to have another HCG test done on Monday. I praying the HCG level went way up on Monday. I am scared taking the medication provera hurt the baby. Although my doctor told me he has had this happen before. I was wondering has anyone taken the medication provera to start af and fine out they were pregnant when they finished their cycle of medication? I think I am 21 DPO. I am not sure about that since I took those 2 test. Thank you ladies for reading this long message. I am sorry this message is so long.
December 10th, 2010, 02:21 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know anything about the medications, but I just wanted to give *hugs*. Let us know what your next numbers are like.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
December 10th, 2010, 02:53 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I have a girlfriend that had almost the exact same thing happen. Her doctor told her that the meds were supposed to lower her progesterone so she would get AF but she ended up pregnant. I know her progesterone was low but her doctor didn't put her on anything. She had a healthy baby girl 9 months later.

I still don't think your HCG numbers are low. They are close to what mine were. I bet they take off at your next blood draw. I know it's hard to relax but it sounds like your doctor is doing everything possible so you'll have a sticky bean. Try to just enjoy being pregnant.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
December 10th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, you poor thing. I'm so sorry that you have to worry like this... But, realize that they'd like numbers to double every 48 hours, but, doubling within 72 hours is the case with some healthy pregnancies. Youre getting the progesterone you need now, so I'll pray that those hcg numbers start going up quickly Take care. I don't think the meds did anything. Keep us posted.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search