PAL is Scary!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2010, 07:58 AM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
I know my numbers are going up beautifully. But Im cramping and I have been cramping for a week now. Its the same as the cramping I had with my loss in February and its really starting to stress me out! I know last year my Dr told me he didnt like it, and was concerned. I know that lots of women have cramping during the early part of pregnancy. It doesnt make it any easier though.
I need to just concentrate on the good stuff. My bb's are aching, I have nausea almost all day long, and Im moody as anything! And I do try to hold on to those symptoms. But I get worn down by the constant ache. God this is so scary!

[/url
December 21st, 2010, 08:32 AM
LisaG825's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YES it is very scary. I had a lot of cramping in the beginning too. I also had a lot of spotting. Needless to say I was very scared. I had a cyst so that was causing some of my pain.

Try to take it easy. I know it is easier said than done, but try to do something to keep you busy so you don't really have time to think about anything.

Hope the cramping stops soon for you!

Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Gabriel Matthew- Induced @15w4d on 12/16/09 (Partial Molar Pregnancy). Took 6 1/2 months reach negative after 3 methotrexate injections, D&C 2/19/10, & 6 rounds of chemo Act-d.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1db5ff
Mommy loves you!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
"Now I lay you down to sleep,
I pray the Lord your soul to keep;
Within his arms he'll hold you tight,
My Heavenly Angel, My Guiding Light."
December 21st, 2010, 08:39 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Me too. I hate that pregnancy has to be so complicated.

December 21st, 2010, 09:15 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was like this for several weeks in the beginning. Every time I would run to the bathroom almost in tears convinced that it was the end only to find nothing. Try to think of it as that little baby digging him or herself in deep for the long ride until August.
December 21st, 2010, 09:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, the corpus luteum can be pretty big and cause cramps, and since you seem to have TWO and were doing the Femara and all that, they could be sort of crazier than normal for you. Drink lots of water and try to take it easy!!! I know it's scary, just hang in there Tobi, you are drowning in sticky dust my dear and don't forget that!!!!! Plus those symptoms are VERY promising!!!!!

December 21st, 2010, 11:19 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
The cramping is the scariest. I had cramps worse than AF cramps, along with some spotting and lots of cm so I was constantly running to the bathroom freaking out that something was happening. The funny thing is that I've done this 6 times before and I remember cramping but I didn't remember it being that bad. It has finally eased up. Only took 4 weeks and everything is looking good. Tylenol was the only thing that I could take and it helped some. It's actually a good sign. It means your uterus is stretching and growing already. Hang in there and drink plenty. That will also help.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
December 21st, 2010, 11:33 AM
BeccaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to BeccaM
Tobi I had pretty bad cramping this time around up until like 5 weeks. At times it was stronger than AF cramping and would be constant. Now I just get sharp twinges from time to time and they are just quick jabs or sometimes feel like Im pulling a muscle which everyone tells me is round ligament pain. I understand your fears with the cramping but have to believe that bean is just snuggling in and making room. HUGZ!!
December 21st, 2010, 12:45 PM
OwensMommy25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been terrified since my BFP. I had bleeding and cramping until 16weeks because of a SCH. I think all the feelings you're having are normal.

Thanks to Pattyandthemoos For the wonderful siggy!

December 21st, 2010, 02:32 PM
Veteran
It is so scary! I hate it. Early on I was panicked about everything, and I mean everything. I learned a really good thing from the women her to keep myself focused on the positive. I have said this before and I know some are probably tired of reading it, but just focus on the mini-milestones. Mine mini-milestones are Thursdays, since my preggo weeks start on Thurs. Other women look forward to each appointment, or each ultrasound. It is so hard not focus on the things that we think might be 'red flags' but we have to keep positive and give our little beans a nice, relaxed pregnancy! I have a hard time with this too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search