Everyone knows now!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2010, 07:14 AM
LisaG825's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everyone knows! Well family that is. LOL Haven't mentioned on facebook. Not sure when I will do that. I went from just a few people knowing at work, my 2 sisters, stepsister, and BIL knowing to at least 100 people now. Probably more than that. That is just family too!

Christmas Eve

We went to my mom and stepdads first. My brother kept asking me and making comments about being pregnant. He didn't actually know. He was just doing it to be a pain. LOL At my moms I let everyone open the envelopes. It was just mainly my mom, stepdad and brother that didn't know there. My older sister knew b/c dh was out of town and I needed someone to go with me to the u/s. I accidentally said something in front of my little sister. I was talking to someone on the phone and said something about my due date so she found out a couple of weeks ago.

I started crying right after my mom opened the album and said are you. I kind of ruined her reaction. LOL She is happy but of course she is worried. My brother I think was surprised b/c he was joking with me earlier that day.

My mom said my little sister told her later on that day that she has been praying for me every night ever since she found out. She is 13 years old. I talked to my mom today and she said she didn't know. I guess I lied about things all to well. LOL

DH's parents

After we left my moms, we went to dh's mom and dads. It was just them. His brother wasn't there. His mom had the best reaction out of everyone. She was looking at our pics. I let her open one that wasn't the giveaway.

MIL: When did you have that taken?
ME: A couple of weeks ago.

Then they open the album.

MIL: Where did you have this taken? (She started to read the print at the bottom b/c she thought it said where we had it done at.)
MIL: Boy or girl. What? (She continues to look at the rest.)
MIL: Boy parts.
FIL: How do they know that?
MIL: They had an u/s.

Her reaction was pretty funny. Will try and post the video.

Christmas Day (dads side at g'mas)

I passed out all the envelopes again and gave my dd the album. My stepmom was sick so she stayed home. Everyone opens and of course my aunts figure out before my dad. My aunt ended up showing my dad the u/s pic and he just said "OH" LOL

(Last pregnancy) I figured my dad would be a little slow. He didn't get that I was pg, the last time we told him. I had a card that said grandpa on it. I told him dh picked it out and he wanted to talk to him on the phone while he opened it. My dad just opened and said thanks. He thought it said g'pa b/c my stepsister was pg too. Well my stepmom figured it out before him. He hung up with dh and my stepmom made a comment about who would scream more in the labor. My dad said oh wait you are pg.? Get Matt back on the phone.

Needless to say I was expecting him to be a little slow. He claims he just saw the first pic (it said boy or girl though) and the last pic. The last pic. was of dh and I. It didn't have anything to do with being pg. He said he skipped over the u/s pics. lOL Who knows.

Everyone was excited. 2 of my aunts said they thought I was pg when I was standing in the kitchen. One kept asking me how I was doing. She checked in on me several times while I was going through chemo and asked about my hcg levels after my m/c. She kept asking questions but never asked if I was pg. Both of my aunts said they didn't want to just ask b/c they weren't sure with everything that happened and didn't know if I just gained weight.

After we left my g'mas we went to my dads house and let my stepmom open the album. She figured it out pretty quick. I guess she went shopping yesterday (26th) and already bought some farm toys and legos. LOL She said well we have to have boy toys too.

Dh ended up just telling all his dads side of the family at our get together. They were all excited too.

Sorry it was long. Now I will try and figure out my videos! I just got a camcorder so it may take me awhile.

Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Gabriel Matthew- Induced @15w4d on 12/16/09 (Partial Molar Pregnancy). Took 6 1/2 months reach negative after 3 methotrexate injections, D&C 2/19/10, & 6 rounds of chemo Act-d.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1db5ff
Mommy loves you!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
"Now I lay you down to sleep,
I pray the Lord your soul to keep;
Within his arms he'll hold you tight,
My Heavenly Angel, My Guiding Light."

Last edited by LisaG825; December 27th, 2010 at 07:55 AM.
December 27th, 2010, 03:38 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
How wonderful that your family knows and the secret is out!!! Im sure it added to your Christmas celebration!

[/url
December 27th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I can't imagine keeping it a secret that long! lol Great stories though!

December 28th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
Congratulations Lisa, I'm so glad that everyone is excited for you 3 that sounds like such a wonderful way to tell everyone

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search