PAL have you thought of bc? Graduates bc?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
Have you already thought about birth control even though you're newly or further along pregnant?

Ladies who've had their babies, when did you start thinking about birthcontrol? What did you decide to to, take and why?

Has anyone thought about just NTNP?

December 28th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
im done with have kids, so i getting fixed. But im thinking about bc cause im scared of getting fixed if i do do bc it will be condoms only i don't do pills as it has got me pg before.

December 28th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We normally NTNP and I'm fine still doing that I think. Dh is thinking this should be our last baby but I don't think is set on it just yet, so we'll see. This will be my 4th c/s so we need to see how everything looks after that also. I know I don't want to do anything permanant and don't like homone BC, so it will be on dh. He's open to getting a vasectomy but we're not to that point yet. So I really don't know.
December 28th, 2010, 02:50 PM
LisaG825's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will be doing NTNP. I have had bad luck with bcp so I am pretty sure we will not be doing that.

We want to have at least 2 or 3 kids.

Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Gabriel Matthew- Induced @15w4d on 12/16/09 (Partial Molar Pregnancy). Took 6 1/2 months reach negative after 3 methotrexate injections, D&C 2/19/10, & 6 rounds of chemo Act-d.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1db5ff
Mommy loves you!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
"Now I lay you down to sleep,
I pray the Lord your soul to keep;
Within his arms he'll hold you tight,
My Heavenly Angel, My Guiding Light."
December 28th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am thinking the mini pill. I will be exclusively breastfeeding for the first 6-8 months so I am not feeling too rushed! I don't think breastfeeding works after the EBF stage, but I will continue to breast feed for a couple years. Honestly we may just wing it, we would be ok with having another so soon... My SIL never took anything and her kids are spread two years apart naturally...

Last edited by stargatemommy; December 28th, 2010 at 04:22 PM.
December 28th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Most likely condoms. It's the only thing that really works for us that doesn't completely mess me up.

December 28th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Umm - Baby is 7 months and I still don't know! Yikes.
I'm EBFing with some solids so I have no preiod yet, and I have no sex drive (sigh) so it's not a concern yet. I hate hormone pills (because I feel weird and again have no sex drive - so what's the point?) We haven't decided if we're done - so IDK!!!
I think I'll try charting/NFP/FAM with some condoms. If the universe decides I need another baby - so be it.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
December 28th, 2010, 06:19 PM
OwensMommy25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did NTNP with DS and ended up pregnant with the twins we lost when Owen was 3 months old... so... I'm planning on going on the mini pill.

Thanks to Pattyandthemoos For the wonderful siggy!

December 28th, 2010, 07:49 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If we do decide to have a second baby, it won't be for about 4-5 years. We have been using condoms since Logan was born, but I'm thinking of getting a non-hormonal IUD.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
December 28th, 2010, 08:20 PM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we were using nat fam planning and the pull out method and still got pregnant by a wonderful surprise! This time I am considering an iud while we debate if dh should get snipped or not
December 28th, 2010, 11:33 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Well... seeing as I got pregnant on the pill and with an IUD (not at the same time), and I had awful side effects with the shot (what's that called?), I think it will be condoms or NFP. I would like just one more to even our family out but it all depends on my health and finances. When we do decide we are completely done, DH is gonna be the one getting snipped.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
December 29th, 2010, 07:07 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It took us two years to get the baby we lost in February so we'll be NTNP. If I end up with Irish twins, so be it!
December 29th, 2010, 07:16 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
I haven't thought about this yet, but since I'm sure we'll be waiting a few months to a year I'll go on something. Probably BCP.

December 29th, 2010, 02:49 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
nothing...right now i'm EBF but I wouldn't mind a surprise As soon as AF returns we will be actively TTC
December 30th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We won't be using anything. Whatever happens, happens.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search