PAL is SO HARD! Shouldn't it get easier?!? UPDATE

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So Peter's movements have slowed down again. They are much less frequent and they are weaker. They were serious kicks now they are light taps.... I know he is getting biger, yadda yadda yadda.... It really freaks me out though when there is change! I have never been even close to 27 weeks before, so you think I would relax. I think I actually panic MORE now than I did in the first trimester. I was getting an ultrasound a week then so I was comforted. I haven't been seen at all for 5 weeks now!

I am going in for a NST in about an hour, I hope I can get an ultrasound too... I just need to know everything is ok. I know he is alive because he IS moving, just not as much..... I am a very panicky person when it comes to pregnancy. I am SO scared that I am going to lose him! I keep reading up on what to expect if he were born this week, and it is scary. I don't want to deal with that. I want him in there until AT LEAST 32 weeks. 40 Would be best of course!

Anyway. Wish me luck at my NST!

Last edited by stargatemommy; January 10th, 2011 at 02:13 PM.
January 10th, 2011, 10:57 AM
mom2moose
I know what you mean. With my first, I panicked over everything!! I also remember at the end of my 2nd trimester/start of the 3rd trimester, her movements slowing down a lot! Then towards the end, picking back up. I think it's pretty normal as they start running out of room. Don't blame you for worrying though. Hoping you can get your ultrasound today!!
January 10th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm glad you're getting in to be seen. I really am. Cora's movements did that same thing the day before she died and I talked myself out going in. I hope that they can do some sort of ultrasound to check for the cord and such things.

Many prayers honey!

January 10th, 2011, 11:09 AM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh Pregnancy after a loss does stink. HUGS hang in there sweetie..
January 10th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope your mind gets put at ease and he's doing great!!!!! PAL is definitely hard and it's not at all weird for you to be nervous after all you've been though.

January 10th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean, i went nuts through the hole pregnancy with ever little cramp, spotting, and same goes for the kicking i never got to relax looking back at it. And even though she is here i still worrie about her i always got to make sure she is in eye distance with me or i will go nuts worring and always be changing on her.

January 10th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Veteran
It is so true. I have been questioning every little thing this time around. It's just the feeling of knowing something could happen makes us so insecure with all of it. Please let us know what you find out at your appointment. I hope you get an ultrasound!

Hugs
January 10th, 2011, 01:00 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
It is so hard not to panic. I had a doppler and I swear 4-5 times a day I was checking her heart rate. As my DD got bigger the moving went from quick jabs to more of a streaching feeling.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 10th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I just got back from the NST. Everything looks great! They did an ultrasound and a biophysical profile, and he scored 8 out of 10. The only thing they didn't see was fetal breathing which they said they simply could have missed and had they done it another time they might have seen it....

While hooked up to the monitor I learned some more about his movements. It was good to "hear" them because it helped me identify some different types of movement other than kicks.... Like rolls and whatnot... It helped me realise that I feel him a lot more than I thought I did, since I was only noticing the big kicks before...

January 10th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wonderful news. I'm so glad you got to learn more about his different movements and realized he moves a lot more than you thought. This stuff is great for me to read now too, I'm sure I'll have similar questions/concerns when I get to where you are!! Thanks for updating!

January 10th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so glad all is well

Lucky mother to five!

January 10th, 2011, 03:02 PM
LisaG825's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So happy to hear all is going well.

Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Gabriel Matthew- Induced @15w4d on 12/16/09 (Partial Molar Pregnancy). Took 6 1/2 months reach negative after 3 methotrexate injections, D&C 2/19/10, & 6 rounds of chemo Act-d.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1db5ff
Mommy loves you!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
"Now I lay you down to sleep,
I pray the Lord your soul to keep;
Within his arms he'll hold you tight,
My Heavenly Angel, My Guiding Light."
January 10th, 2011, 03:47 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I'm glad you got an ultrasound and everything looked good. I used to look forward to the BPP so I could see what the baby was doing. I didn't even realize my first was moving until I saw her move on ultrasound and realized I'd been feeling it all along. I'm sure you'll make it to at least 37 weeks. It's great to hear your updates. You're getting closer

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
January 10th, 2011, 05:17 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad all was fine. Now you can try to relax a little.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
January 10th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I had a bpp every week for the last 5 with Patrick and they only saw fetal breathing on 2 of them. It really is hard to see sometimes because sometimes it's 2-3 quick breaths and then they stop.

I'm really glad you went in. Identifying the rolls and stuff is really important for your peace of mind. Patrick did a lot more of that than the big kicks and such. Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy will be easier now!

January 10th, 2011, 11:15 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
i'm so glad it went well.

January 11th, 2011, 03:41 AM
IAMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you went in and got checked and so happy everything is OK......Movement does change so so much at the end of pregnancy, and the same thing happened to me......Its much easier to learn to identify the different types of movement when you know they are happening - when you can see or hear them on the machine at the hospital.
January 11th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I understand about being nervous, I was just at the doc last week an I am already worried something is wrong , I so want to call and get in but I know I should just hold off, I am glad that everything went well

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search