We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I used a doubling calculatior and they are doubling in 22.24 hours.
The nurse said the DR has not seen them yet so they will call me back to tell me what the next plan of action would be. Wonder if they will keep doing blood or make me wait for another week or 2 for a ultrasound.
AWESOME!!!!! That's a great doubling to see in the low 100s. And the progesterone looks great too!!! I hope you are breathing a big sigh of relief!
I'd just guesstimate that they won't want to do an u/s until at least another 2 weeks. I know you probably want one sooner, but TRUST ME, it's better to wait and have something to see!!!!
I speak from experience. I had nothing (not even a sac) on u/s when my beta hcg was ~1900 at 4w5d. Just imagine how bad I was freaking out - I thought I would have a repeat ectopic. 3 days later my beta was ~5800 (solid doubling time), and 3 days after that we saw a gestational sac and yolk sac in the uterus, but no fetal pole or heartbeat. That was at 5w 4d and my beta must have been >10,000 by then.
So I'm just sayin'. Waiting until 6+ weeks along is overall better for your stress level... 7-8 weeks is best, you're a lot more likely to see a heartbeat or even a little teeny embryo! Before then, NOT seeing anything isn't diagnostic anyway, since some beans are just good at hiding... anyway HTH, I just wanted to share my experience with you!!! These early days are nervewracking but everything looks GREAT for you right now!!!!!
At my Post D&E appt he said something about 5 weeks he wants to do an ultra sound to make sure there is a sac and fetal pole where is should be.... then another around 7 weeks to check for growth and heartbeat.
But Monday the nurse said if all looks well they will do a 6 week ultra sound.... so who knows.
With my DD I had a U/S 5w 4d and there was a sac & fetal pole but not HB. went back at 7 weeks and there was a HB.... She is now 3!
Yeah 5 wks sounds a bit early to me. You do have high-side absolute betas, I know sometimes they go by that (1500 is some kind of cut-off for when they expect to see at least a sac, to rule out an ectopic), but in my case going by the betas was wrong, since I had no sac when I was 1900. Going by the dates made more sense in my case, since I was still really early (<5 wks) at that first u/s.
KUP on what the next steps are!!! I'm excited to see what happens next