Ugh really

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2011, 02:17 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
So this exact day 9 weeks even and it was even a Tuesday I found out my baby had passed away last fall.

So far I had a ultrasound at 6 weeks and there was a heartbeat. I was hoping to get in this week for my first appointment just for comfort. The receptionist said they do not see you until 10 weeks (why did they see me at 9 last fall then?). I swear they keep changing the office rules. I explained to her about my fears and that I needed to move my appointment because I needed an afternoon so someone can keep my daughter for me. My hopes were they would move it up to late this week and she said no they wont see you until after 10 weeks so they moved my appointment to later next week than it had been. UGH
Then she said well it is only a paper work appointment to get you started in the system. I asked if they are even going to check on the baby and she said that would be up to the midwife if she feels there is a need to.
WHAT. I hate talking to receptionist. When I go in there and if they do not even check on the baby I am going to demand they at least try to doppler. I just can not go 4 more weeks not knowing if I am carring around a baby that has passed away or not.

I am really freaked out because my boobs dont hurt very much anymore and I am no longer feeling sick like I was.

Thanks for letting me vent. I would change offices but the OB's and Midwifes are wonderful and I have heard so many great birth storys coming out of this group that I don't want to leave. The staff at my other DR office was wonderful got me in if I was just worried but the DR ended up not having good bed side manners and my daughters birth was very tramitic.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
February 15th, 2011, 03:18 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I would call and tell them that you have some concerns and need to speak with the midwife. She should be able to call you back and then you can explain everything and see if she will get you in earlier, even if it's just to check for a heartbeat. I bought a doppler just for this reason. Even though I am going in for appointments, the in-between was killing me.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
February 15th, 2011, 08:23 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I agree. I call and talk to the dr nurse when I am having problems. And my dr told me if I want an u/s to reassure me then to just call his nurse and she would make it happen. The office nurse will see me every week for doppler checks if I want before I go to work or whenever. I love my office . I also have a history with them and have been with them for my last two losses. So perhaps that makes a difference. Good luck. I hope you can get in earlier to have some reassurance.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

February 15th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Receptionists are really a pain in the butt! You should ask to speak to the nurse on call, and see if she can get you in sooner, like the other girls said! I had problems with receptionists early on too. They were telling me that I would not under any circumstances get an ultrasound until I was 20 weeks! After 10 losses! But the nurse was able to get me in, and I had one every week until 12 weeks...

February 16th, 2011, 07:34 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
They will just think I am crazy because I have nothing wrong just becasue it is the same time I lost the last baby. I don't thing to them that warrents an appointment.
I am at a midwife office and they are more into the natural less invasive stuff.

I do have a doppler but its not picking up the heartbeat yet. The paperwork says 10-12 weeks you can start to get a heartbeat.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
February 16th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would be frustrated, too. In fact, I can relate because my appointment just got bumped back two days next week. I hope that you do get your ultrasound when you go! Tears are always helpful, in my experience .

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
February 17th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like they have a general policy of being hands-off (natural midwifery stuff - they are often overly concerned about the very low risks of diagnostic ultrasounds) and that's what you were getting from the receptionist. I think that any actual nurse or midwife (as long as they aren't too ideological) should be able to see that the reassurance would be significant for you, and the benefit to you and the baby from that reassurance would outweigh the risk and cost of the u/s. I hope you can get ahold of a real medical person and not just the receptionist and get your appt moved up!!!! GL!!!

February 17th, 2011, 12:39 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I am sorry...that sucks. I would try to see if you can be connected to a nurse and tell her what is going on. It seems like they would want to get you in sooner due to having a loss before.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
February 20th, 2011, 05:03 AM
LuvMyFurbabies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvMyFurbabies
That stinks that you have to wait but maybe it is a good thing that you are doing it differently this time. Just try to stay positive. I pray that your little bean sticks and that you are able to have some peace of mind after your appointment.

*Mommy to Brendan with Two Angels Above*
~Momma to 8 Furbabies (4 cats & 4 dogs)~

February 20th, 2011, 07:48 AM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It actually sounds very normal to me. Most offices have policies like that. This is my 8th pregnancy, 4th living child. Even after a stillbirth and 3 miscarriages my doc doesn't do ultrasounds at my demand. I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks to check dates and there was a heartbeat. I didn't get another ultrasound until I was almost 12 weeks and that was just a quickie done by the OB because they still couldn't hear the heartbeat on doppler at that point and didn't want to make me wait another 4 weeks.

I know it's tough, but that is a normal policy.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search