32 week appointment (Ultasound pics included)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had my 32 week appointment today and I had an unexpected ultrasound because my belly is measuring at 37 weeks (apparently 2 weeks ago it was measuring at 31 weeks) Peter weighs in at just over 5 pounds and 18 inches, and I have a TON of amniotic fluid. The good news is that my pubic joint hasn't separated any farther, and may have actually closed in 1mm!

I also woke up today really swollen! My feet are HUGE, my fingers look like sausages, and my ring doesn't fit. I can even feel the swelling around my eyes! I mentioned that I haven't been peeing a lot lately even though I am drinking the same amount of water.... They are worried that my kidneys aren't functioning properly so they had my blood tested for something, I'm not sure what. I have to keep a "bladder diary" for a week, to measure how much I drink and how much I pee. They even gave a bowl to put in the toilet so I can measure how much I pee! lol, that is pretty amusing to me!

Foot: I am impressed with how close his foot in to his head!

Head: This is a weird angle, his head isn't really shaped like Squidward's!

His nose, from the bottom: It is just like my DH's!

February 16th, 2011, 10:18 PM
mom2moose
A few things:

1- I am so happy everything is looking good and the baby is staying there for the time being. Hopefully, your blood draw comes back normal.

2- I LOVE the Squidward comment. Tee hee

3- I remember with my DD, when I hit 32 weeks all heck broke loose. I swelled right up because of water retention. I couldn't wear jewelry. Heck, I could barely fit into my clothes. LOL All for a good cause though!
February 16th, 2011, 11:22 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I'm so glad things are looking good. I hope the tests cone back fine. I had tons of amniotic fluid with my 3rd. Fun stuff. Hopefully it will slow down and you'll stop retaining all that fluid. I love the nose pic.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
February 17th, 2011, 09:03 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I always measured right on but I do remember about 30-32 weeks I had to bump up a size, my shoes were to tight and I had to take off my wedding ring

http://lindseysphotography.com/
February 17th, 2011, 10:15 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Yay for seeing your baby boy again

I also had a really, really high amniotic fluid level. But all turned out fine. Hopefully you will have the same result. I love that you get to be very aquainted with your urinary habits. I bet you are looking forward to it
February 17th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad Peter is doing well!!! Sorry about all the swelling, I have definitely heard stories like that before from this time... hope it all goes down soon. In the meantime, you'll learn lots about your fluid balance (I love the special bowl to pee in, that's pretty funny)

February 17th, 2011, 03:06 PM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awwww how cute.. He is adorable.. Sorry to hear about all the swelling.. I hope they can get that taken care of. Keep us posted on what you know..
February 17th, 2011, 08:33 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Love the pics. I don't have any experience with the fluid sorry.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

February 20th, 2011, 06:16 AM
LuvMyFurbabies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvMyFurbabies
Love the pics. He is so beautiful!! Hoping your blood draw comes back good.

*Mommy to Brendan with Two Angels Above*
~Momma to 8 Furbabies (4 cats & 4 dogs)~

February 21st, 2011, 08:05 AM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Swelling is no fun! You are almost there. So exciting!

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
February 21st, 2011, 09:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can not believe you are 32 weeks already !! How exciting !!!! I LOVE LOVE the the Nose shot !! Also love the comment about squidward. Made me giggle
February 21st, 2011, 01:16 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad that things are going well! I hope the blood work comes back normal. The photos are adorable!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search