Due Date change in third trimester?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Apparently my due date is now officially March 28th... They moved it up 2 weeks! I am not sure I like it. I feel like they are doing it because I said I didn't want to be induced early for SPD.... Peter has been measuring 3 weeks ahead for the past 3 months, but he was only a few days ahead in the beginning...

I know for certain that I am not 34 weeks pregnant... I am not sure when my last AF was (I think it was July 8th, cause I had light bleeding after my IUD was removed...), but I know I had an IUD until July 7th!

February 17th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
That doesn't make any sense, I'm sorry honey!

February 17th, 2011, 02:12 PM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is very confusing.. I am sorry hun... Well as long as he is healthy!!
February 17th, 2011, 03:09 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Who moved it up?
I was told that early ultrasounds are the most accurate in determining a due date and if the baby is measuring big later on, it's not because the due date is wrong but just because the baby is big. Either way, I wouldn't let them decide on an induction unless you know if the lungs are mature. Two weeks makes a huge difference in lung maturity. They should be able to do an amnio to test for lung maturity before they decide anything.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
February 17th, 2011, 04:33 PM
kellyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the others...that is very strange. I think you should question it a bit more. My docs office doesn't even consider changing a due date after the early u/s...not even at 20 weeks. Just because he is measuring big doesn't make him older.

3 angels Feb, Mar, Aug of 2008
February 17th, 2011, 07:15 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
They usually won't change the due date in the third trimester. That is odd. I know my son was measuring big and I asked about changing mine and they said no because he was just a big baby. I wouldn't let them force you to induce early. 3 weeks is huge. Sorry hun.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

February 18th, 2011, 05:22 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
They did that to me at my midwife's office. They did a sono of Liam at 30 weeks to check on the fluid levels (which were high) and said that he was big and they "moved" my due date from November 11th (at early sonos he measured a couple days behind that date, but only one or two each time) to October 31st. I did not question it, since I figured they knew what they were doing.

Fastforward a few weeks...he was born on October 20th, with breathing trouble. He spent a night in the NICU and the pediatrician and NICU doctor who examined him estimated his gestational age at mid-35 weeks. EVEN LATER THAN MY ORIGINAL DUE DATE! I could have told them that from the beginning. I really would question it. Or just ignore it. I wish I had, since he was obviously not "more advanced" than they thought. I think that moving the date in later pregnancy is bound to be inaccurate. Babies grow at different rates at that point and he could just be a big boy (Liam was...6lbs, 10oz at AT LEAST 4 weeks early).

If you feel they are doing it to induce earlier, deny the induction. You know your body and your baby. And if it doesn't make sense, chances are, it is not right. I would absolutely talk to them about it, since you want to be on the same page about this.

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
February 18th, 2011, 07:23 AM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfbaked View Post
Who moved it up?
I was told that early ultrasounds are the most accurate in determining a due date and if the baby is measuring big later on, it's not because the due date is wrong but just because the baby is big. Either way, I wouldn't let them decide on an induction unless you know if the lungs are mature. Two weeks makes a huge difference in lung maturity. They should be able to do an amnio to test for lung maturity before they decide anything.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
February 20th, 2011, 05:39 AM
LuvMyFurbabies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvMyFurbabies
I don't know anything about this but hoping that you don't get induced with an earlier date.

*Mommy to Brendan with Two Angels Above*
~Momma to 8 Furbabies (4 cats & 4 dogs)~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search