my little update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey guys, I'm back home from my nice long trip home to visit my family! I ate lots of good food (oh I miss California food already...), got an early baby shower from my mom's family (my aunts went NUTS with the pink stuff - this is the first baby of a new generation on that side!), and just had a great time. I missed DH a lot though so I am happy to be home.

I had a 25 week appointment today, it went great. I gained about 9 pounds in 6 weeks, which is perfect, I've now completely overcome my 1st trimester weight loss. (I'm pretty skinny to begin with, and have struggled with underweight and trouble gaining in the past, so I am very happy to gain that weight!!!) My fundal height is measuring right on track, and the baby had a good strong heartbeat of about 150 bpm. I couldn't tell it was the baby at first, it sounded so "big" like a really lub-dub, not like the little thud-thud-thud-thud from early on! I thought it was my heartbeat! They took my pee, like always, and I assume that was fine. My blood pressure was low at 90-something over 60-something. My doctor is so nice, he was just so happy to see me doing well and see how big my belly is now, he was beaming the whole time. He said that he counts 26 weeks as officially 3rd trimester, and I'm almost there!!!! Already! I can't believe it.

I go back in 3 weeks for my glucose tolerance test and another basic check-up, then it will be every 2 weeks. I seriously can't believe I've made it this far. I love how my belly is getting so round and my bbs are big too, I feel like a fertility goddess, it's so fun to have curves. I'm feeling really positive right now and like spring is right around the corner, and my daughter and I are going to just blossom and grow with all the flowers and everything. Sorry to be cheesy, I'm just really happy right now If you made it this far, congratulations

February 17th, 2011, 03:09 PM
mom2moose
The best kind of update!! So happy that everything looks great!!
February 17th, 2011, 03:15 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Yeah! I love great updates like this. I can't wait until my belly is round instead of just fat

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
February 17th, 2011, 05:26 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
That is so great! Glad everything is going so fantastic.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

February 17th, 2011, 05:37 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw, what a wonderful update! So glad things are going well and you are feeling good.

February 20th, 2011, 05:11 AM
LuvMyFurbabies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvMyFurbabies
What a great appointment!! Glad everything went really well and that you are almost to the 3rd trimester!! Soak up the happiness and excitement as it can be difficult at times for those of us that have suffered losses. I am with you on that boat too as I am loving being pregnant like I always thought I would but more than I did the first time around. I was nervous the first time and didn't think I would enjoy it like I am now.

*Mommy to Brendan with Two Angels Above*
~Momma to 8 Furbabies (4 cats & 4 dogs)~

February 20th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a wonderful update!

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search