Is it Wednesday yet?????

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2011, 06:21 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I am kicking myself for calling and moving my DR appt I would be going in, in an hour but no I had to open my big mouth and they moved me 2 days later.
HURRY up Wednesday I am getting so nervous.
My husband was thinking about going with me because he thinks I won't speak up if they don't try to find a heartbeat. He has taken so many days off I am scared by the time baby comes he wont have any vacation days left..lol I know he wants to be there for the 13 week scan & the 20 week scan.

I have NOTHING going on the next 2 days so its going to DRAGGGGGG.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
February 21st, 2011, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you have an u/s scheduled? At 10 weeks, I doubt they will try to find a heartbeat with the Doppler. It's unlikely to work that early. But they will definitely be looking for one if you have the u/s!

I hear ya on the days dragging by, I remember that like it was yesterday. Anything to distract you will be your best friend!!! Even computer games.

Good luck at your appointment (and surviving the wait), I'll be sending you lots of T&P!!!!

February 21st, 2011, 07:33 AM
No ultrasound that I know of... but they can not really make me wait 4 more weeks to us the doppler???? My home doppler says it works as early as 10-12 weeks so I would hope they would have one that works that early.
My last miscarriage was a missed one and I had no bleeding no cramping and all my symptoms were still there... I think thats what has me freaked out more than anything.

February 21st, 2011, 07:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hate those last couple days before your ultrasound.. They seem to take forever. You might have to find stuff to do to keep you busy till Wednesday. I know how you feel , Mine is not till Next Wednesday and we hope to find out the gender and I swear it seems like forever !!!! Good luck only 2 days !!!!
February 21st, 2011, 07:58 AM
mom2moose
I had a missed m/c too, in March, so everytime I go in, my OB does a quick u/s. Maybe if you just explain your concerns and why you're worried, they'll do one? Good luck! I hope you at least can talk them into trying the Doppler!
February 21st, 2011, 08:06 AM
Thanks ladies... I hope I can get my way and get at least the dopper or another ultrasound.

February 21st, 2011, 08:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With using the Doppler that early, there's a *chance* that it would work, like if you have no belly fat, a non-tilted uterus, posterior placenta, and the baby in a favorable placement, but finding a heartbeat by Doppler that early is unusual for most women. On me, they didn't try it until I was 12 weeks, and I was super skinny from m/s. It would be much better to just get the u/s at 10 weeks.

Sometimes they will try the Doppler, then send you for an u/s if they can't hear anything on the Doppler... maybe you could request the Doppler, and then if they can't find a heartbeat with that, force your hand and make them give you the u/s. But if they refuse....... ugh, I can't imagine they would be that uncaring, but who knows. Maybe make sure that they would be willing to give you an immediate u/s if they can't find the h/b with the Doppler? But in that case, they should probably just be willing to go straight to the u/s since you're only 10 weeks...

February 21st, 2011, 08:48 AM
It makes it hard because all the information I am getting is from the receptionist when I booked my appointment. Acourding to her its a paper work appointment and they will be doing my Pap (I told her I don't want another pap because I had one March 2010 and another one Oct 2010 and I think there is no reason for another.
I am going to try and get a mind set to raise a fuss for an ultrasound. Because I really do not want to sit for over an hour of paper work like last time and sign all these papers for a birth and baby that may not even happen.
I had a ultrasound 3 weeks ago with the DR and my appointment will be with one of the midwifes so I was unable to ask what is going to happen at the appointment since the DR will not be the one doing it.

With my daughter I used a different office and everything is so different here it gets comfusing. Maybe because its a midwife thing and they are more laid back and my other was an OB.

February 21st, 2011, 09:55 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
My dr office has midwives and OB's. They also have an ultrasound machine in the office. So my last pregnancy at my 10 week appointment the dr didn't bother with the doppler, he just brought the small u/s machine in and showed us the baby bouncing around. Perhaps you can get something like that. I hope you get some reassurance on Wednesday. Try to stay busy.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

February 21st, 2011, 10:14 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
2 pregnancy's ago they used the doppler on me at 10 weeks and found the heartbeat (in my doctor's office)...I'd at least ask them to try....Good luck!!!

February 21st, 2011, 02:12 PM
Well if the cramping that started this afternoon keeps up I should for sure be getting one.
No spotting or bleeding just some cramping and small pains.

February 21st, 2011, 03:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about the cramping hun, but no spotting is great! Are you staying well hydrated? That always helps me a lot.

I think if you talk up the cramping, the worries, the missed m/c of your last pregnancy, etc, they would have to be pretty cruel and unusual to not verify the heartbeat for you one way or another. If they won't, I would really question whether their office is a good fit for your needs...

February 21st, 2011, 03:40 PM
I really want a hands off none medical birth and they are one of the only places around that I know will stick to my birth plan so I am trying to focus on the end goal.
The only bad thing is because they are so hands off I think they are that way all through pregnancy.
I was lucky to get the early ultra sound.

When I first started with them it was my last pregnancy that I lost in Oct. I called in and told them my history of a previous miscarriage and they saw no need to see my early because I had a live birth in between.

I used a typical OB with my daughter and the whole thing was a very tramic experiance and if I can get to the end I think I will have a happier out come.... I just need to get there first.

February 21st, 2011, 07:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I used a birthing center/midwifery practice with my daughter, and even though they were generally hands off, even they sent me for an u/s at 10 weeks for dating (and I had never had a m/c before at that time). I think if you express your worries and emphasize that the worry is keeping you up at night, they would understand and have you do an u/s.

I can totally understand your wait for the next two days- my first appointment is on Wednesday (and my first u/s).

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
February 21st, 2011, 07:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I guess you have to take the bad with the good. My friend had some great homebirth midwives and a very holistic birth experience... and NEVER had a single ultrasound, her whole pregnancy. It drove her nuts, she was worried about birth defects, desperately wanted to know the sex, etc. (She would have had one if she had any complications arise, but she didn't.) Midwives don't like u/s, they want you to just trust your body and trust fate and let whatever happens happens.

There are some benefits to this mindset if you can wrap your mind around it. PAL makes it really really hard, of course, especially after what happened to you with a missed m/c. I know I tried really hard to overcome my lack of trust in my body after my ectopic and I still struggle. I want to have a NCB too - always have! - and I see regaining this trust in my body as an important part of my mental preparation.

February 22nd, 2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyKitty View Post
I used a birthing center/midwifery practice with my daughter, and even though they were generally hands off, even they sent me for an u/s at 10 weeks for dating (and I had never had a m/c before at that time). I think if you express your worries and emphasize that the worry is keeping you up at night, they would understand and have you do an u/s.

I can totally understand your wait for the next two days- my first appointment is on Wednesday (and my first u/s).
With my last pregnancy that I lost they did this and thats how I found out the baby had no heartbeat.
But I have already had 2 ultrasounds 5wks & 6wks.
So maybe the receptionist is wrong and they are planning on doing one.
27 more hours...ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
Yeah, I guess you have to take the bad with the good. My friend had some great homebirth midwives and a very holistic birth experience... and NEVER had a single ultrasound, her whole pregnancy. It drove her nuts, she was worried about birth defects, desperately wanted to know the sex, etc. (She would have had one if she had any complications arise, but she didn't.) Midwives don't like u/s, they want you to just trust your body and trust fate and let whatever happens happens.

There are some benefits to this mindset if you can wrap your mind around it. PAL makes it really really hard, of course, especially after what happened to you with a missed m/c. I know I tried really hard to overcome my lack of trust in my body after my ectopic and I still struggle. I want to have a NCB too - always have! - and I see regaining this trust in my body as an important part of my mental preparation.
I think once I get past this appt and the NT scan I will start to relax a little more.
I only 3 weeks until that scan so if they don't do one tomorrow I just have to suck it up 3 more long weeks. I know they do them 11-13 weeks but I want to push it as late as possible in hopes they might look to see babys sex..lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search