Welcome Womb- (pg/losses/children ment.) Xposted in TTCAL

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2011, 05:11 PM
Twoboysmaybemore's Avatar Veteran
I am not sure where I should post this so if anyone has other ideas of where, please let me know.

First, I will start with my question and then give you all a little more info about my situation.

Has anyone used Welcome Womb herbs and had success on subsequent (more than just one) pregnancies?

I had my first son with no issues or losses. Then, I had 6 consecutive early losses while TTC#2. Despite seeing an RE and trying several different methods to stay pregnant, we just couldn't. Then I decided to try Welcome Womb. I carried that pregnancy to term and he is now 7 months old. We are TTC#3 right now and I plan on using the Welcome Womb again but there is a part of me that worries that the Welcome womb wasn't what "did the trick" and maybe he was just my sticky baby regardless of the herbs. What I guess I am trying to say is that I want very much to think that the next time I get pregnant and use the WW that I will not have to endure another handful of losses. I would love to hear success stories form mom that have used these herbs with success more than just once.

Again, if I posted in the wrong section please let me know where I might get more responses.

Thanks in advance!
---6 early losses---
Joey- 7/15/10

February 21st, 2011, 08:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and I am very sorry for your losses but happy you got your rainbow baby in the end! I did some research on that herbal blend just out of curiosity. It apparently contains wild yam root, black haw bark, and false unicorn root. Overall this combination of herbs appears to be of dubious benefit and potentially significant risk if taken while actually pregnant. Personally, I would not take it if I were trying to become pregnant. Here's my breakdown.

Wild yam root apparently has never been shown to be effective for anything in medical studies, and perhaps functions as a weak phytoestrogen, at best (might as well stick with soy!):
http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/wild-yam-000280.htm

Black haw bark has long traditional use as a miscarriage/abortion preventer, but contains an aspirin-related compound and could therefore cause birth defects. It is NOT recommended to be used in the first or second trimester of pregnancy.
Viburnum prunifolium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

False unicorn root appears to have not been studied at all, and is a rather more uncommon remedy. As such, it is better to avoid just in case of bad side effects that are unknown at this time.
False Unicorn Root

Have you seen a reproductive endocrinologist? It's best to get tested for hormonal imbalances, clotting problems, etc and address them medically under professional guidance, if you have had so many recurrent losses, IMO. Randomly trying out herbal products is a waste of money at best, and could be counterproductive and confusing to your body at worst.

Also, one reason why you may not have gotten many responses is that your post looks suspiciously like a marketing gimmick for this herbal blend. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that you are genuinely interested in real responses and not some artificial persona created by the company to raise its profile. (If so you may have just failed, since I really don't recommend that anybody take Welcome Womb, based on my research!)

February 21st, 2011, 08:21 PM
First let me start by saying that this is in no way meant to be a marketing effort. I learned about WW from another message board and was willing to give it a try. I have been to an RE who ran every test imaginable and we were never able to come up with anything substantial aside from MTHFR (heterozygous) and PAI-1. I started taking BA, progesterone, folic acid, and tried heparin injections and still had 3 more losses under my RE's care. He was out of ideas and so I tried the herbs. I didn't have anything to lose but another pregnancy. I know that I may sound like I am advertising but it is really only because it is what I have to attribute my sticky pregnancy to. But, like my post says, I have no idea if it was the herbs that worked or not. That is why I am hoping to hear from someone else that has tried the herbs and had success more than once.

I am in no way affiliated with Welcome Womb. Just a mother who suffered 6 too many losses and so hopeful that I won't have to lose another 6 before #3 comes along.
---6 early losses---
Joey- 7/15/10

February 21st, 2011, 08:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know, I believe you!, but it's just so common to see these marketing schemes, it's ridiculous. Especially if you have few posts, it's the first thing people will think. I had never heard of it before, so maybe someone will surprise me and say they used it, but I was on TTCAL before PAL and nobody ever mentioned it that I remember.

I can certainly sympathize with being desperate and wanting to try anything. Personally I'm a lot more willing to experiment with exercise and meditation and energetic healing practices (which have ZERO potential side effects!) than with drugs of any kind, herbal, medical, recreational, whatever. My general philosophy is, if it's not food, it shouldn't go in my body. (I'm sort of a health freak!) I do take supplements, but as few as possible and only for known problem areas (in my case, liquid food-based iron and folic acid).

I really truly hope that you don't have any more losses before your next sticky rainbow bean!!! Good luck with whatever you choose to do TTC!

February 22nd, 2011, 02:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs))) I have no experience with WW. My BEST suggestion is acupuncture. I am totally convinced it helped me. It also helped with my anxiety, and hip pain. In canada if you get IVF they make you get acupuncture. It doesn't hurt, it's not scary and it makes you feel good.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
February 22nd, 2011, 06:30 AM
Thanks for your suggestions. I am sorry if I got defensive. I am a little stressed out lately and hope I didn't come across as aggressive.

I will have to look into acupuncture. I have heard a lot about it but I am still on the fence. I am a big needle-phobic. Thanks ladies!

Also, I understand how my post may have looked seeing as how I am new around here. I just have been on a mission for more info from others that have used the WW and have been striking out. At the other boards that I learned about the herbs, most everyone has either just delivered or is eagerly awaiting their rainbow babies. These boards seemed pretty active and so I joined hoping to find some other stories using welcome womb.

Thanks again for your help.
---6 early losses---
Joey- 7/15/10

February 22nd, 2011, 07:15 AM
mommabirdof4
I used welcome womb with this pregnancy. My OB and my midwife even gave me the Okay to use it. The Herbs have been used for many,many years!! I have no idea if it helped me keep these babies or not but this will be my last pregnancy so I will not get a chance to use it again.

Tags
herbs , miscarriage , recurrent pregnancy loss , welcome womb

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search