I'm so ready to be done!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2011, 05:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
After all the resisting I've done against inducement, I am ready to give in! I was "bending" down at Target today to reach some applesauce, and my pubic bone "spasmed" and I fell over. I was stuck and couldn't move for 20 minutes before someone finally found me and helped me (They were very nice I didn't make me pay for the jar of apple sauce I'd broken)

This is the 4th time I've fallen this week! What if I fall the wrong way one of these times and hurt Peter? I think I am going to discuss getting induced at my next appointment on March 2nd. Maybe schedule it for 2 weeks after. I am thinking March 16thish.... I will be 36 weeks then (38 by their calculations...) I hope he will be ok, but I would rather him spend a couple weeks in the NICU then get killed by the weight of my body falling on him.....

February 22nd, 2011, 06:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you had that fall today!!! Maybe the more important thing right now, is for you to take it REALLY easy... especially with your SPD and all that... just relax at home and don't run around doing stuff... don't do anything that would risk another fall if you had a pubic bone spaz... anyway, that's what I would do. But I am naturally lazy and take any opportunity to be even more so

Either way, it's not too much longer! You're getting so nice and far along. I don't want you to fall anymore, and I also don't want Peter in the NICU, so I'm sending you lots of take-it-easy-and-keep-baking vibes!!!!!

February 22nd, 2011, 08:08 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I agree try not to do to much or go places alone. If you feel like you really HAVE to do something take a friend with you that can bend down for you or get things that may cause you to spasm and fall. Lay on the couch, drink lots of fluids and rest.
So sorry you took a fall and are so worried. I pray it all works out ok.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

February 23rd, 2011, 05:20 AM
mom2moose
With my DD, I was ready to explode after the 7th month, and I didn't have anything wrong with me!!! LOL I cannot imagine how much pain you are in, with your pubic bone thing and all. I would agree with the other ladies about taking a friend places with you, but in my world, that would be impossible. Hopefully, it's feasible for you! Whatever you do, Peter's interests are what's important to you, so whatever you do, is right!!!!!
February 23rd, 2011, 02:09 PM
ldovey83's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow that is scary.. Definitely talk about that with your Dr.. Hopefully they can do something and definitely try not to go out as much and relax..
February 23rd, 2011, 04:13 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Holy Moly girl. You need to take it easy. Not much longer to go. Hang in there.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
February 23rd, 2011, 04:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my! Take it easy, Erica! You are getting so close, I hope you don't have any more complications.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
February 23rd, 2011, 07:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) ((hugs)) ((hugs)) Honey - the nicu S.U.C.K.S!!!!!! Like really really really sucks. It is the HARDEST thing I have ever been through. I can take a lot of s**** really. Most people think I'm kinda crazy that way. If you can do anything to avoid the nicu do. Put yourself on bed rest for the next month. It's better. I swear. I PROMISE. Stay out of the nicu.
I'm so sorry you are suffering so much. Give yourself a break - take it easy and let your little guy bake till he's done. Sorry to be so adamant about it. I just don't want you to go through what we did.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
February 23rd, 2011, 08:36 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would definitely take it easy over volunteering for the NICU but, my daughter was induced at 36 weeks and was just fine. No NICU or medical intervention was needed at all. What they did for me was they did an amnio right at 36 weeks and when the results of the amnio showed her lungs were mature, they induced the next day.

I also fell when I was pregnant with her and landed belly first at around 34 weeks. It was very scary and I was admitted overnight for monitoring but all turned out ok.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

February 24th, 2011, 08:00 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
Try to take it easy and hold out for a couple of more weeks if you can. I know being done is all you want, but another week or two for your baby to grow is best. I hope you can hold out!

February 24th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How are you doing Erica??? Are you holding up okay? Thinking of you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search