Intro (loss/medical abortion mentioned) and ?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi everyone my name is Jessica. I got my BFP yesterday and am over the moon. Last November I had a medical nessacry abortion. Although I am terrified that something will be wrong again but I am still enjoying every bit of this pregnancy even the ugly parts. I can't wait to get to know everyone more.

Around a few weeks before my devastating news my best friend had a miscarrage, They have been activly ttc since the loss. DF and I agreed to keep this pregnancy a secret until after the first trimester screen but I feel so bad not telling her. She is also helping me plan our wedding because I am clueless and she just got married i have no clue what to do.
March 14th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
We are in the same DDC!!!

March 14th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome Jessica! I am glad you got your BFP! Happy and Healthy nine months to you!

March 14th, 2011, 09:18 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Congrats and Welcome!

March 14th, 2011, 09:56 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Welcome and congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 14th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jessica -- welcome! Happy and Health 9 months to you.

As for your friend -- Would you have told her you are pregnant if she hadn't had a miscarriage? Have you told other people or are you keeping everything a secret. IMO, if you are only keeping it a secret from her, I think you should tell her. Just make sure it is a time when she can react any way she wants/needs to and let her react to the news. If she is really close to you and you have told others that aren't so close, I think she would be more hurt by you keeping it from her.

Good luck, with whatever you decide.

And WELCOME again.

March 14th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Ashl3y
Congratulations!!!
March 15th, 2011, 06:23 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and welcome!

Happy and Healthy 9 months to you!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

March 15th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We haven't really told anyone, we live away from most of our friends the only people that do know are a couple we know that live local (they know incase i need help with Sara or something goes wrong), I have told my sister because i know she won't say anything and an old co worker that comforted me for hours when i found out about the last baby. Other then that we are the only other ones that know
March 15th, 2011, 01:10 PM
OwensMommy25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you want to tell your friend.. tell her. I would never want to be treated with kid gloves just because I had a previous miscarriage.

Thanks to Pattyandthemoos For the wonderful siggy!

March 15th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Sarah!!! Congrats on Evan!!!!!!!! Looks like he's got some good lungs on him, haha. You need to post an update here!

Hi and welcome, Jessica! H&H 9 months to you! And I happen to agree with Sarah, just tell your friend at the same time you normally would... it's been several months and she knows that you've also gone through TTC after a loss, so hopefully that will lessen the blow. It really depends on her and the place she's at, you should give her the space to react however she wants, but I think overall you don't want her to feel like she's less of your friend and confidant just because of her prior loss. You know her better than we do, so go with your gut.

March 15th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your BFP!

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search