milestone anxiety * update :) post 1

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2011, 07:16 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Ok ladies need some help.

I woke up this morning in a total panic. No reason really other than this is the point that we lost our last angel so now I am just a mess. Cried leaving the house, cried driving to work. Just hoping I can stay distracted until I can get to the dr office for a heartbeat check. Gosh I really dislike this part. I knew these two weeks would be hard but I thought I was doing pretty good until today. I have no indications that something is wrong. Symptoms the same, no spotting no pain or cramping. Just the **** day in the week .

*update~
Everything is fine. Baby's heart is beating away at about 160. She held the doppler there for a bit so I could listen. I swear I didn't even know what to listen for anymore . But it was great and I told her I would see her Friday . She said great see you then. I love my Dr.'s medical assistant. Thanks for being here for me ladies. My BFF is on a cruise so I can't talk to her. It was great to be able to come here and have support.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Last edited by JessP; March 16th, 2011 at 03:39 PM.
March 16th, 2011, 08:07 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I hope you are able to stay distracted until you hear that wonderful heartbeat!

My anxiety returned today too, but because my M/S is gone, which I guess is normal at this point, but still, and I still have all the other symptoms, but I can't get it off my mind.

KUP!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

March 16th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy

Something that always comforted me when the INSANE SUDDEN PANIC would hit, is to remember that you are awash in high-dose pregnancy hormones. I'm usually at least somewhat in control of my emotions, so I find the roller-coasters surprising, but it helps to relate them to my pregnancy hormones so I can see why they are so powerful right now.

One of my affirmations says, "I know there are times I become fearful, angry, anxious, ambivalent, or sad, and I accept these feelings as my inner truth of the moment. I know that the hormones which help my body support and sustain this pregnancy can exacerbate these feelings."

HTH!!!.... I'm sure hearing the h/b will help most of all!!!!!!

March 16th, 2011, 08:55 AM
mom2moose
It must be especially hard for you when your losses have been late ones. I'm sorry you're going through this! I hope you hear that wonderful woosh woosh of the heartbeat today!! Hope you feel better!
March 16th, 2011, 09:58 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((Hugs)) Jess. I hope your doctor is able to see you today. Have you thought of getting a Doppler for at home? I know some of the girls have had them and it helped with peace of mind.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 16th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Well I can't spell but that doesn't mean anything . I just noticed my title.

My dr office is going to fit me in at 2pm today. My work is like ok np. I know its nothing. Nothing has changed since yesterday. Honestly I think earlier losses would have been so much easier. Gah I have to survive 10 more days of this .
Missy I have thought about a doppler but my dr is concerned it would only add to my anxiety not help it. I might ask again today. Although my dr office said they would see me every day if they needed to in order to help me feel safe. They really are great.

March 16th, 2011, 11:15 AM
mom2moose
Jess - My OB warned me not to get a Doppler because the placenta is in front of the baby, making it more difficult to get a heartbeat sound. She had a hard time last week. Took so long she almost had me get an u/s. So, I would find out where the placenta is placed on you before you do it. I'm glad I didn't get one, or I'd be freaking out more than I do. BUT, if you don't seem to have a placenta placement problem, maybe a Doppler IS a good idea?? Good luck at your appt.
March 16th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
*Hugs* Jess. I hope you feel better after your appointment today.

May I ask, with your previous losses, had you heard the hb or had an u/s just before you lost them, or did it just take awhile to find out? Knowing what you've been through makes me nervous, so I can just imagine how it is to you.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
March 16th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you are so stressed. I hope you have a great HB check!

March 16th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyKitty View Post
*Hugs* Jess. I hope you feel better after your appointment today.

May I ask, with your previous losses, had you heard the hb or had an u/s just before you lost them, or did it just take awhile to find out? Knowing what you've been through makes me nervous, so I can just imagine how it is to you.

We had multiple u/s with many heartbeats. With the first baby made it to 13weeks 3 days (days a guess) he passed just after our appointment and with our second baby she made it to 12 weeks 2 days. Both were wiggling arms and legs Sorry I don't mean to make people more worried. Its why I don't share my story much because I was in the second trimester and close to it and that freaks people out.

March 16th, 2011, 11:58 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I still have complete moments of panic but I comfort myself by saying it must be the pregnancy hormones. I have a doppler too but the placenta is in front so by the time I was able to find a heartbeat on it, I was feeling her move.
I hope your appt goes well. That's great they will see you whenever. My OBs office thought I was crazy for worrying.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
March 16th, 2011, 05:24 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad baby turned out to be doing well I wish you didn't have to go through all this anxiety, though
March 16th, 2011, 05:40 PM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good to hear everything is fine. It's great that your doctors office is so understanding too.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

March 16th, 2011, 06:10 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Super glad you had a good appointment Jess! Keep them busy, that is what you pay them for

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 16th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am glad everything went well and you were able to put your mind at ease!

March 16th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY!!! So glad all is well! You are doing great!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
March 16th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks ladies. I am glad it went well too .

March 17th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay, I'm so glad everything went well!!!!! You know we are here for you anytime, don't even worry about it

March 17th, 2011, 08:49 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I'm so glad that it went well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search