Tentatively Introducing Myself.. Updated!!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We lost our first Angel at somewhere between 4-5 weeks about a year and eight months ago. I got my bfp today. I was thinking "Ok I'll wake up now and test and just go back to bed. It'll be negative anyways." Well, I got a second line right away. I was only half awake, so I thought I was dreaming when that second line popped up.

I'll have to admit now I'm getting a bit nervous, but I guess that's natural. AF was due today. I'm cramping a little. Just little tinges really. Kinda different from AF cramps. I have a week to go before we reach our milestone with this bean. With my angel, I found out I was pregnant, and a week later miscarried. Some minutes I'm more nervous than excited and other moments I'm more excited than nervous. Am I nuts or is this normal?

Thanks for reading.. sorry it got a bit long.

Edited to add: Is it safe to chew sugar free gum while pregnant? Chewing gum really helps to chew me down. I wont if it's unsafe. Would gum with real sugar be better?

Edited to add: UPDATE

Just told DH.. He just got the biggest fit the giggles. We held each other and laughed and I cried and yeah.. good day. I had to wait through a four hour shift and didn't say a word. You ladies knew before DH. DH walked in the door a little bit ago, I showed him the test and he was like "Wow! That's a nice strong line for this early! I think that's a good sign." He's so happy and I am too.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

Last edited by SkyBaby; March 16th, 2011 at 04:25 PM.
March 16th, 2011, 09:31 AM
mom2moose
Congrats and Welcome!!

What you're feeling is totally normal. I felt the same way. And the cramping is normal for pregnancy too. I know how hard it is to be happy, and not as scared. I'm 13 weeks and STILL scared. LOL

I hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months!!
March 16th, 2011, 09:57 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats again!

It's completely normal, at least I hope so, else we're all nuts here! I'm 12 weeks and still have quite a bit of anxiety from time to time...and days of complete happiness and security. It's a crazy trip, but one I love to take!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

March 16th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by onedaysoon View Post
Welcome and congrats again!

It's completely normal, at least I hope so, else we're all nuts here! I'm 12 weeks and still have quite a bit of anxiety from time to time...and days of complete happiness and security. It's a crazy trip, but one I love to take!
That's a relief. lol I gotta get through 4 hours of work without telling anyone.. lol I promised dh I'd tell him first this time around.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

March 16th, 2011, 10:09 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
What you are feeling is totally normal. Those milestones are the hardest. I am going through one now . Congratulations and welcome. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 16th, 2011, 11:44 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
It's totally normal to be nervous. Heck, I'm still nervous. Just try and enjoy every moment that you have and not worry about what what may or may not happen.
As for the gum... try to avoid anything with sachrine, there is some debate over it and a bunch of lab rats. Everything else is fine.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
March 16th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Worrying is normal. Hopefully you can find something to take your mind off of it, because unfortunately worrying makes the time crawl!

Regular gum would be better, but sugar free isn't horrible....

March 16th, 2011, 05:26 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Like the others said, the worries are normal. I am so hoping this is your sticky bean!
March 16th, 2011, 06:27 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is a super special moment you and DH had! I don't know how you kept the secret so long.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 16th, 2011, 08:47 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
That is great you and DH had such a wonderful moment together. I am so happy for you both.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 17th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Aw, that's so cute. Congratulations and I wish you a very H&H 9 months!!!

March 17th, 2011, 08:48 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Congrats and welcome! I hope you have a very H&H 9 months!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search