How did you deal with the worry about another m/c?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2006, 08:39 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Hi everyone, I just got my bfp after a m/c with no AF inbetween... I'm really happy but I'm also extremely worried about another m/c happening. I'm trying to be positive about it, and this pg seems to be a lot different than the last one. Last time I didn't get my bfp till 20 dpo, so I think something just wasn't right. But this time I got it at 11dpo!!! So I think the little peanut has settled in pretty well, but its still scary. Any tips for staying positive and not stressing out over this?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...thank you so much!
June 13th, 2006, 11:18 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yea!! Congrats on your BFP! ((sticky vibes)) Don't have any advice, just wanted to send congrats.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
June 14th, 2006, 06:05 AM
nmacjames's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First off, CONGRATS!!!!!! Now, I don't know about the other ladies, but I am over half way to having my baby and STILL I question whether everything is ok. I still check for blood on the tp after I go potty! The only thing that has kept me from being a total basketcase is my faith. Before this pg, I prayed to God that if I was ment to have one more baby, please let me have go on to have a safe and healthy pg. If His will was for me NOT to have another baby, I prayed we wouldn't even get pg. So basically, I prayed for no more m/c's. Here I am, 1 day shy of 24 wks!
Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I wish you a safe and healthy 9 months.
June 14th, 2006, 12:31 PM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I don't think there is any way not to stress out with pregnancy especially after a previous miscarriage. An early BFP is a very good sign. I got mine at 11 DPO as well with this pregnancy. It will get easier once you are further along then you were when you m/c.

Early on, talking to the baby helped me and calmed me down. Also posting worries here on the boards and knowing that other ladies are going through the same thing helps as does having a doctor who understands your concerns and is willing to deal with them.

Have a wonderful healthy pregnancy!

Margo

June 14th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm in the same situation. I really think I'm about to go nuts. My testing was the same way--I have had three miscarriages and two normal pregnancies, and with the miscarriages I never tested positive until several days after my period was late. With my two normal pregnancies, and this one now, I got a positive a day or two before before AF was late. The main problem with me is I am having some considerable bleeding with this pregnancy, but I also had that with DS, and it was actually a little heavier then than this time around, but it still drives me crazy. Just when I think it's finally stopped, there it is again. I use about 2 rolls of toilet paper a day checking myself.

The only thing that has kept me sane is running to the doctor every week for an ultrasound. I've had two at the doctors and one at the emergency room, and they have all been normal. I just wish I knew how it was all going to turn out. My gut feeling is that this is very different from the ones I miscarried (at 5-6 weeks) and I've made to 9 weeks and should be starting to relax, but I just can't. I'm terrified every second of every day!

June 14th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
I can unfortunately say the worrying doesn't stop! Just try to think positive thoughts and talk to your baby - every night from the day of my BFP I do and tell him/her to stay put and keep growing and all that. Try not to compare this pregnancy to the one you lost which is what drove me nuts in the beginning. It's definitely hard after a loss but this board is AMAZING and everyone here helped keep me sane so feel free to post your worries anytime! Congrats on the BFP!!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
June 14th, 2006, 06:50 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Thank you so much everyone! You guys made me feel a lot better!
My lines have been getting a little bit darker every day, I have my 1st OB appointment July 12, so hopefully everything goes well! I am feeling a little bit better, sometimes I still freak out but I think I'll feel better after I get to 6 wks, because my last m/c happened at 5wk 3days.
Thank you again for all your encouragement, and thanks for helping me to stay positive!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search