I love my RE!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2011, 07:54 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I went to my RE's office and everyone was in the waiting room waiting for me. I mean EVERYONE (except for the Dr as he was doing a procedure). They said they were all so excited for me and they wanted to be first to congratulate me. Ok so this is not norm... I cried. They are all so sweet.

I sat down with 3 of the nurses there and they gave me vitamin samples and pregnancy magazines. They understand my fears as they went through the whole ectopic with me. Our plan is this: we did a blood draw for betas today (I should have the results back in a few hours as they have labs onsite). We are going to do betas until they hit 1,000 and then do an ultrasound. and then I can have an ultrasound weekly until I graduate to an OB's office. I am thinking that I want to stay with them right to the end but I don't think that is an option. They really helped me relax, at least for the next 10 minutes, LOL.

So here is a funny story: As I am waiting to pay my bill, a lady comes in the office screaming at the poor receptionist about how the doctor gave her the wrong baby and the sperm isn't her husbands and she is going on and on and on screaming. The doctor came out at that point with a few nurses and tried to calm her down and reassure her that everything was ok. She was yelling and demanding copies of all her medical records because she is going to sue them for getting her pregnant... All this time she is texting on her phone as well and a few minutes later a guy comes in and tells the doctor that the pregnancy hormones have made his wife crazy and she is convinced that she was given the wrong eggs and sperm. It sounds like they did IVF. woah, Those are pregnancy hormones to the extreme!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 18th, 2011, 08:01 AM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad that things went so well. A good doc and good experiences are so dang important, especially early on! Can't wait to hear back about your betas!

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
March 18th, 2011, 08:10 AM
mom2moose
Your RE sounds amazing. It is too bad you can't use them the entire pregnancy.

And you should have seen my face while I was reading the story about the IVF woman. LOL My eyes got huge and my mouth was wide open. That is a CRAZY story! That husband must be going insane about now. Those are really awful pregnancy hormones. I thought I was nuts. LOL
March 18th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Your RE's office sounds SO nice, Missy!!! That is really sweet of them. What they will do with the betas and u/s sounds pretty standard for monitoring for a repeat ectopic, that was basically how it went with me.

I should warn you though, that we couldn't find a sac for me when my betas were almost 2,000 (~1,900)... beta was 5,700 3 days later, doubling well and even a little bit quickly... then 6 days after the first u/s, we did another one and there was a gestational sac and a yolk sac in the uterus (at 5w4d). So I wouldn't expect to see anything on your first u/s if you are just over 1,000... you might see something, but maybe not.

I will be watching for your updates very closely!!!!

March 18th, 2011, 08:38 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I should have read this before I asked you how your appointment went. I am so happy for you Missy. Your Re office sounds wonderful. Your post made me cry. These hormones have me crying at a drop of a hat lately.

I can't wait to hear your test results. Sounds like you have a good plan in effect also.

I would hate to be that women's husbnad.
March 18th, 2011, 09:00 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Sounds like you have an amazing office. I love offices like that.

Sounds like that lady had a rough day .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 18th, 2011, 09:16 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so happy for you and that you have wonderful dr's! It really sucks graduating to a OBGYN, I miss those weekly u/s''s with Mia.........Yes as for the sac, you could barely make out the tinyest gestational sac (2x2x3mm) when my levels were 1400, but they did find it, lol........at 5w2d it was amayzing how much bigger it had gotten and we saw the yolk. Cant wait for your update! Im guessing your in the nice 100's.......probably 600? Im a bett'n kind of gal

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

March 18th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
I should warn you though, that we couldn't find a sac for me when my betas were almost 2,000 (~1,900)... beta was 5,700 3 days later, doubling well and even a little bit quickly... then 6 days after the first u/s, we did another one and there was a gestational sac and a yolk sac in the uterus (at 5w4d). So I wouldn't expect to see anything on your first u/s if you are just over 1,000... you might see something, but maybe not.
Please remind me of this when they do the first early ultrasound and don't see anything and I am freaking out

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

March 18th, 2011, 09:49 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is the sweetest thing I've read all day....and the craziest!! All in the same post!! This is a winner of a post!!

The office sounds like the most wonderful place to be a patient at!

And I agree, I'd hate to be that woman's husband right now, but at least he acknowledges that it's hormones, sounds like he's dealing with it really well!

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

March 18th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof5lopez View Post
Im so happy for you and that you have wonderful dr's! It really sucks graduating to a OBGYN, I miss those weekly u/s''s with Mia.........Yes as for the sac, you could barely make out the tinyest gestational sac (2x2x3mm) when my levels were 1400, but they did find it, lol........at 5w2d it was amayzing how much bigger it had gotten and we saw the yolk. Cant wait for your update! Im guessing your in the nice 100's.......probably 600? Im a bett'n kind of gal
We will see how close you are in a few hours... I swear you should write a book or a medical journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedaysoon View Post
And I agree, I'd hate to be that woman's husband right now, but at least he acknowledges that it's hormones, sounds like he's dealing with it really well!
It is a great office. And I felt really bad for that husband. Here she was ranting like a lunatic (and I can only imagine that she was texting him) and he looked so embarrassed. The receptionist looked scared and frustrated and I was just thinking how glad I am that I never got that crazy!

March 18th, 2011, 04:39 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Missy, your RE's office sounds so great! I'm glad that you have them to take such good care of you!
March 18th, 2011, 06:00 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
That sounds like such a good office. I feel so bad for that husband.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search