movement question

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2011, 09:17 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Ok this is going to sound dumb but with our first loss I really thought I was feeling movement and it turned out I wasn't .
So is it supposed to be more like flutters or is it more like jabs or is it something totally different?
I think I might be feeling some movements here or there and they seem to be the right region but I just don't know. I feel like a freak.

When did you start feeling movement?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 18th, 2011, 09:22 AM
mom2moose
Right now, I feel just flutters. And like only once every couple days or so. At least, I THINK it's the baby. LOL And I just started feeling something like 2 weeks ago.
March 18th, 2011, 09:45 AM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure if I've felt anything yet...I had one moment earlier in the week where I thought MAYBE...and I'm still not sure either.

With DD I was only around 15 weeks I think (I remember it was near mother's day)

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

March 18th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I started feeling flutters around 15 weeks, but I couldn't for sure say they were movement..... They might have been digestive gurgles.

I felt my first undeniable movement at 18 weeks and it was a jab. I am a first timer though and I have an anterior placenta.... So I am really not much help....

March 18th, 2011, 10:03 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I felt itty bitty movements at 10.5wk with Mia........If you think your feeling something, chances at this point, you are!!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

March 18th, 2011, 10:31 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I absolutely feel this baby now. And have been for a week or so. I know it is the baby because I also find the heartbeat right in the same place I feel the movements. They are like someone taking a pen point and VERY, VERY lightly tracing inside my belly (like right where the bump starts, sorta at the top of the "hair area" ).

I felt Liam at 16 weeks with an anterior placenta and him being my first. It doesn't surprise me I am feeling movement with this one. My mom felt movements with both her second and third child by 10 weeks.
March 18th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Thanks ladies. I don't know that I trust it yet but it is exciting to think I am feeling baby move about.

March 18th, 2011, 10:56 AM
mom2moose
So this is funny: I comment on this, go and sit down to eat (of course) and watch TV, and BOOM, I felt a little KICK!! Not a flutter but an actual kick. And I know it wasn't gas. It felt just like the beginning with DD. I'm super pumped, can you tell????? LOL
March 18th, 2011, 03:35 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2moose View Post
So this is funny: I comment on this, go and sit down to eat (of course) and watch TV, and BOOM, I felt a little KICK!! Not a flutter but an actual kick. And I know it wasn't gas. It felt just like the beginning with DD. I'm super pumped, can you tell????? LOL
That's awesome!!!

With dd it felt like little flutters at first and then at 17 weeks 6 days I felt her actually kick me and it was like a jab. I so can't wait to feel that again.

March 18th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I have had little jabs this week. But was only expecting flutters so I wasn't sure if I was crazy. I feel better now.

March 19th, 2011, 11:45 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
i wasn't certain i had felt movement until around 16 weeks or so, but once i was positive of what it was, I realized I had noticed it a bit earlier (maybe at 14 weeks or so). The early movement to me felt like fluttery bubbles...but within a month it was small jabs...and then really HARD jabs

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
March 19th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first I felt flutters around 16 weeks or so. With my second, I remember purposely lying on my belly and trying to feel something around 15.5 weeks, and that's when I felt the first flutters. I'm positive I didn't feel anything before that. I will be surprised if I feel something before that with this one, but of course I am already getting a little bump that I didn't get until about 14-15 weeks last time.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
March 19th, 2011, 07:21 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I felt flutters this time around at 12 weeks but I wasn't sure if what I was feeling was the baby or gas bubbles. I'm still not sure because they both felt the same. I don't think I knew for sure until 16 but can now definitely feel movement.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
March 19th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With DS I had "popcorn pops" at 12 weeks in my VERY lower region (right by my pubic bone it was so low) and the Dr said that was about all I would be able to feel at 12 weeks. I guess "normal" (based on web readings) are not feeling movement til 18-22 weeks for the FIRST time! But I started feeling little jabs, and eventually kicks at 15/16 weeks. I didn't feel anything from the first time I had the popcorn until then though.
March 20th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess I'm more "normal" I didn't feel anything until ~18 weeks, but then it was actual jabs that you could feel with your hand through my belly, halfway between my belly button and pubic bone. We just felt it once or twice, and that was it for over a week... then I started feeling little pokes occasionally that got increasingly strong. But not every day. It was a long long time until I felt any movement that was at all "regular" - probably just in the past few weeks! - so my advice is, it's great to feel some early movement, but just don't be surprised if it's VERY intermittent!!!!

Also, I have a partially anterior placenta. So I only ever felt movement in a certain area, pretty low down, until the past couple of weeks.

March 20th, 2011, 07:20 AM
This is my fifth pregnancy so it doesn't surprise me if I feel movement sooner. I really should try to ignore it because it is more intermittent and I don't want to worry myself.

March 22nd, 2011, 09:08 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for feeling movement!!

At first it was flutters, and I definitely wasn't sure that it was baby at first. Then as he got stronger, it just kept changing

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search